Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Its stupid and so horrible

I am sure on a sunny day we have all got into our car and found it an unbarable oven - to imagine dogs locked in that for any length of time in that!! It beggers belief

It actually isnt all that difficult to keep your car cool anyway
I am often at all day agility shows in the blazing sun and with reflectors on the windows and I even tie sheets round the outside of the car I actually use my car as a place to cool me and the dogs off

even if I am just nipping to the shops I park in the shade with the reflectors on the windows and the windows open

Its not rocket science

Poor dogs
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Its stupid and so horrible

I am sure on a sunny day we have all got into our car and found it an unbarable oven - to imagine dogs locked in that for any length of time in that!! It beggers belief

It actually isnt all that difficult to keep your car cool anyway
I am often at all day agility shows in the blazing sun and with reflectors on the windows and I even tie sheets round the outside of the car I actually use my car as a place to cool me and the dogs off

even if I am just nipping to the shops I park in the shade with the reflectors on the windows and the windows open

Its not rocket science

Poor dogs
Agree, I have the fabulous silver sheets from Waggitt

http://www.waggitt.co.uk/acatalog/SI...TS_COVERS.html

That I cover up the windscreen with, the windows and then a huge one that goes over the open tailgate and down the sides like a canopy which I keep in place with bungees and decorator clips from B & Q.

Then as they have a tailgate guard they can have that entirely open and if you get somewhere early enough and cover up the car BEFORE it gets hot, the car stays cool all day.

I have just bought new sheets as my old ones (6 years old) had begun to look grotty and had a few tears in them.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Do you know if the dogs were ok? Did they smash the window or did the owner appear?

Awful ... smash the window I say, and let the owners suffer for their foolishness

Wys
x
I dont know what happened..the show manager didnt seem to know either when i enquired last night.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Agree, I have the fabulous silver sheets from Waggitt

http://www.waggitt.co.uk/acatalog/SI...TS_COVERS.html

That I cover up the windscreen with, the windows and then a huge one that goes over the open tailgate and down the sides like a canopy which I keep in place with bungees and decorator clips from B & Q.

Then as they have a tailgate guard they can have that entirely open and if you get somewhere early enough and cover up the car BEFORE it gets hot, the car stays cool all day.

I have just bought new sheets as my old ones (6 years old) had begun to look grotty and had a few tears in them.
Thanks for that I have one of these that I bought from a charity stall & have been wanting to buy another. Was at a do yesterday. They were in the car, every window & the tail gate open & one of these sheets completely covering their cage. I was in a gazebo with side panels & it was a lot hotter where I was than where they were.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3