View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
You only test monthly? I do one day a week, just to be on the safe side, because as you know sometimes you don't realise things are wrong until you start feeling ill.

Wow 18, it's not surprising you don't feel like eating , still at least you know why now, hopefully when you get your new monitor and get correct readings you'll start to feel better.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
You only test monthly? I do one day a week, just to be on the safe side, because as you know sometimes you don't realise things are wrong until you start feeling ill.

Wow 18, it's not surprising you don't feel like eating , still at least you know why now, hopefully when you get your new monitor and get correct readings you'll start to feel better.
Hi CC, I was told to only check it once a month by my diabetic nurse, I don't know why?

I usually check my self between 2 -4 times a day, that's what I was told to do, basically just to do it before breakfast and evening meal and then if I feel odd to check it then.

Thank god this morning it was back down to 10, I have given my self a few more units of insulin so should be back to normal again today.

Ian
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
sounds to me like you need to have a word with the doctor ian,, atleast you are eating but you need to eat enough to keep your strength up.
my nana ate half portions and it was because of an ulcer also so get yourself checked out,
you will be fine,, will take time but you have to eat,, if you cant manage meals ask your dr about fortijuice,, its like a meal but in a tasty fruitjuice like drink

kimberley x x x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It sounds more of a physical thing. It sounds as though you actually feel physically full so I wonder if this is to do with your illness?

Do see a doctor and get some help. Do you have any other symptoms? Is there any problem with reflux, feeling sick, pain - these you would get with an ulcer?

I have had a problem with acid (low and high acid can cause the same symptoms, but doctors tend to treat for high stomach acid, that's another story!) and one of the sumptoms was that i found that if I ate a normal size meal I felt as if I had eaten a 7 courser!!

I found various thiings helped such as not having breakfast and only eating a small amount of lunch. Also not eating too much fat eg avoiding pesto, butter, and a lot of cheese. I now have quite strong tablets from the doctor, and they have really helped, I find it also helps if I avoid anything too acidic (eg salad cream, balsamic vinegar (sob! ) and chocolate/coffee).

Just my experience of this particular symptom, not saying it is what you have :smt001

I'm reading up on stomach acid so I can speak to the doc about testing for low stomach acid, as I am being treated for high.

Hope you find out what the problem is
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Please note this post is 15 months old..........
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear this Hoggett, Sorry I dont have any advice, but I hope it settles down soon.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi,

I am eating ok now, but I do eat better when I'm in company, either people or Blackie.!

Ian
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:07 PM
try nibbles like crisps eat little an often might regain your appetite but i would definatly discuss this with you gp, try build up shakes to keep the calories on. fortisips and clinitran pudding work wonders
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3