register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Would you return your dog to the rescue it came from?
Yes, definately 10 27.78%
No way 10 27.78%
I would keep the dog but ask the rescue to help me home it 11 30.56%
Undecided 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
No.
TBH I never should have had Jake (though I'm very pleased I did!)
He came to me as a 5 month old Border Collie, totally out of control, with no commands, no boundaries, and with a car chasing obsession.
He was previously owned by an older lady, who had had a stroke, and couldn't cope. I am not surprised she couldn't cope, as he was a nutcase who had never been trained.

Anyways... the girl at the rescue knew my step-daughter, who knew I wanted a Border Collie. So she passed him to her, who then passed him to me. As far as they know, I knew bog all about dogs.

He's doing well now, but no way would I let him go back to a lottery.
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 09:29 PM
nope never not a chance, hell would freeze over first. mismanaged with staff who dont care and are totally cluless over the needs of a dog.
if it was still managed the same as when we got our dogs one would go back but the other would not, she has snapped on quite a few occasions and would be unsure whether the rescue would have put her to sleep. she is far better now but some of her issues were not evident in a kennel environment.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3