Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by lilyben View Post
can i feed tin tuna in brine or oil?/pilchards,sardines,i know fresh fish is best and i could get it her,just wondering though about the tinned fish above,thanks,karen
yes fish is good just make sure the tuna is in oil and not brine as that may be a bit salty. also mine love sardines in tomato sauce
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 02:27 PM
oh just another thought, do you ever feed her eggs? they like eggs too
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 02:30 PM
can i feed tin tuna in brine or oil?/pilchards,sardines,i know fresh fish is best and i could get it her,just wondering though about the tinned fish above,thanks,karen
Tinned fish is fine. I tend to buy the ones in tomato sauce then put in a strainer and wash all the sauce off - that way they're not too salty from brine or too oily. Pilchards work out best value for money but they've had tuna, sardines, etc. too. I ended up buying lots of Fish4Dogs mousse when it was on offer recently so they get some of that at least once a week, I like to include fish in their diet because in the wild wolves will often fish out salmon etc. from streams.
lilyben
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2011, 02:31 PM
i have been searching for a forum like this with dog owners who raw feed its fantastic,great i can give her tin fish,as for eggs i gave her an egg shell and all ,she sucked out the egg and left the shell stuck to the decking
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 02:34 PM
i have been searching for a forum like this with dog owners who raw feed its fantastic,great i can give her tin fish,as for eggs i gave her an egg shell and all ,she sucked out the egg and left the shell stuck to the decking
dogsey is great for everything its what made me swith to raw. just watch though its gets addictive

mine wont eat the shell, and they dont particularly like raw egg, so i scramble it for them, not spoilt dogs honestly
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3