View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Aww Jess, thats typical setters for you!!
I have one teenage brat - Codee, she is so so norty, she is 17mths!! Then of course I have the English Setter brat Deacon, three years old, but brain stopped developing at 6mths!!
Then there is Mr Grumpy, my 4 year old Jamie, so moody and then there is the Grand Dame Honey Bea the only normal one and even then, she is leaning towards the "Dark Side" of setter-pointer nortiness!! They have taught her some bad habits!!

At least your lovely dogs will grow out of their norty habits (hopefully) I fear being setters and a pointer mine will forever be teenage brats!!
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Paper...and a permanent marker, a cassette, 2 cd's, a printer ink cartridge, 2 coasters, 2 pencils and a roll of sellotape complete with dispenser!!! I don't think the fairies can be blamed for this one, gremlins maybe?!

And no Lore, the gangliness stays with them really.Chester certainly hasn't outgrown it entirely .

You're not inspiring confidence in the 'getting to the other side' Claire, thought they got better when they're older!!! Would that be Mr Grumpy as your new avatar then?!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
You're not inspiring confidence in the 'getting to the other side' Claire, thought they got better when they're older!!! Would that be Mr Grumpy as your new avatar then?!
Yes Mr Grumpy pants is my avatar!! He is either so sullen or up to no good!! They do get better Jess, well the English do.... at about 7/8yrs old! Even Tess and the Duchess Remy Rascal could be a handful at those ages..
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 06:26 AM
it was meant to make you giggle and yes Jessi i was talking about things like that, as well as that look when you want em to come back, when you just know if they could they would stick 2 fingers up and then just swagger back................................. but then Fudge comes and lays in my arms like the baby he still is, wouldn't be without him but he alternatively drives me insane, but is then so loving , oh well only about another 10months to go if he's anything like Meg
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 10:29 PM
It's entirely our fault, Chester was just becoming a bit more manageable and dare I say mature - for a setter anyhoo - and we got Griffin and the whole cycle starts again except now there are two hairy lunatics racing around instead of just the one!! Like you said Lizzy, only about a year and we may be able to all return to some sense of normalcy !
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3