Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I also use vetvits after being reccomended them on here and have to say they have stopped any stiffness in my Rottie x GSD.
Thanks madmare

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
YUMOVE.

Its absolutley FANTASTIC,

After two years of rimadyl, flynn is now off that & on full exercise after two weeks of Yumove. Im such a convert that im now selling it.

Thanks mishflynn for info

Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
I have to agree with Mishflyn on the product "Yumove" my GSD is 13yrs old and had been over the last year getting weaker on his back legs,dragging and knuckling his back feet. I use Yumega for my Borzois coats and decided to try "yumove" tablets for "Cookie"s problem.What a difference they have made,I also was giving him Joint Aid sticks,so the combination has made it that he still trots down the garden to see off the squirrel that teases him. Sometimes he does have to make an effort to get up from lying down,but once up he has no problems.They are expensive,but he is worth it.

Thanks Windhound, it's very great to hear people's own experience's with these products,
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Personally I would want the x-rays done. "Old age" is not a condition - you can pretty much diagnose any "old age" symptom. The body is like a car - although things can go wrong for no apparently reason, it does mean something is broken/not working quite how it should and if you can find out what's wrong, you're one step closer to fixing it.
at Bruce trying to bury the feet in your bed! I'm sure glucosamine supplements will do the job too, I guess the feet are a refined taste - you could perhaps grind them up if you have a meat grinder and hide them in mince? I used to have to chop Kiki's liver up and mix it with some of her raw mince but lately she seems to have started eating it plain again, funny madam.

Thanks krlyr, I agree, I have decided to make an appointment first thing in the morning to get Bruce x-rayed, by the way Bruce finally ate his chicken foot last night, after he thought Poppy was going to pinch it. he can be silly at times
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Up date on Bruce;

today he had his hips x-rayed, which surprisingly went really well he was very good, even when he got barked at by a very small dog in the waiting room
The vet said that his hips are not brilliant but taking in to account his past and his age, he was surprised how good they are, and doesn't really understand why he has been stiff, well we had taken Bruce for a walk before hand, so Bruce would be calm for the x-rays, but the last two nights he hasn't shown why signs of stiffness, so we all are wondering if Bruce had just pulled a muscle, and of course my OH said "i told you, you was over reacting
But I'm still going to start Bruce on a joint supplement, the vet thought it was a good idea,

Thank you everyone for the info and advise, i much appreciate it.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3