Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Because GSD's nowadays suffer from a multitude of health problems---from HD to ankenial (sp?) and from Anal furunculosis to CDRM------with pancreatic and other dietry issues in between.

rune
What about labs with OCD, HD, Elbow dysplasia, GPRA, HC, EIC etc...... Are you sure they are excluding them due to the things you mention?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Read the thread Dawn----thats not what I said at all!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Read the thread Dawn----thats not what I said at all!

rune
No, I realised that after I posted, but the mobile rang, sorry I misunderstood.
Myrkk
New Member!
Female 

16-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I agree there are many breeds out there with huge health problems that would be better placed to be on that list.
That said my lurchers insurance doubled 4yrs ago and the explanation from the ins. co. was lurcher owners were making a lot of claims. Her ins. nearly doubled the year after as well and I'm currently paying £55/mth with 20% of vets fees and £100 xs. To be fair she has cost the ins. co. nearly £11k so far and she's 11yrs old.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Surprised the Beauceron is on there. There are so few here that I can only guess this company is taking its info from other countries.

They aren't a breed with many congenital health issues.... and while they may be used for guarding in other countries such as France - with associated aggression risks - the few that are here, are (as far as I know) of sound temperament and being bred to retain that.

An insurance company which is taking its knowledge of breeds from overseas, rather than based on sound facts in THIS country, is best avoided.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3