View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:38 PM
If it is anything nasty you have caught it very early and she isn't on deaths door (which is when people usually notice that something is up). Have everything crossed for you.
Becky
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Way back in 1982 I had to have my 11 year old BC with leaking heart valves spayed as she had a closed pyo, she sprung back to full health within days & lived another 5 1/2 years.

Veterinary medicine has progressed so much since then, I would be confident that she will be be fine & better off without her bits
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Yes H she had a jolly good poke of her belly her bits and her nipples. (poor Mo so undignified!)
This could be very early Pyo with pus just forming and not yet causing a temp. The redeemimg factor is no temp though.
The scan is to see if there is pus there. If they don't see pus on the scan then a blood test will be done to confirm that all is well. So yes I guess that she is erring on the side of caution.
The op will only be done if the scan shows pyo. Antibiotics will not cure this condition so if it is positive then there is no other answer.
We can only wait and see now.
Sounds like she was very thorough then Jen, you can only hope they don't see any puss, and then the bloods will confirm she's ok, I will keep everything on constant Jen, so that she doesn't have to go through an op.xxxxx Big hugs for you too Jen, you must be worried sick I know I would be.xxxxxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
If it is anything nasty you have caught it very early and she isn't on deaths door (which is when people usually notice that something is up). Have everything crossed for you.
Becky
This is what I keep telling myself, thanks Becky.

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Way back in 1982 I had to have my 11 year old BC with leaking heart valves spayed as she had a closed pyo, she sprung back to full health within days & lived another 5 1/2 years.

Veterinary medicine has progressed so much since then, I would be confident that she will be be fine & better off without her bits
Thanks Joedee, this is just the sort of thing I need to hear tonight. I've read it to my hubby and it's the first time he has smiled since we left the vets.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sounds like she was very thorough then Jen, you can only hope they don't see any puss, and then the bloods will confirm she's ok, I will keep everything on constant Jen, so that she doesn't have to go through an op.xxxxx Big hugs for you too Jen, you must be worried sick I know I would be.xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks H, I shall probably be around tomorrow just to keep myself occupied.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Aw Jenny, I know how worried you will be, Codee had a closed pyo and I thought she may be coming back into season, she wasn't thirsty or off her food either, but she went in for a spay and they found she had it!! They said it was a good job she went in when she did....
Anyway thinking of you, hubby and Mo, lots of hugs and {{{VIBES}}} coming your way
marymary
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2010, 05:47 PM
will be thinking of you and yours tomorrow
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 05:52 PM
My Breeze had a closed Pyo, she was spayed, it was a concern of mine with Mo, which is why I said asap. It IS the only course of action, Breeze made a full recovery.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Meg also had pyo (open) she also bounced back after an emergency spay.She was also scanned and had bloods done.

Sending good luck vibes and big hugs from here xx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Ohh Im sorry to hear this fingers crossed for you and your little lady
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw Jenny, I know how worried you will be, Codee had a closed pyo and I thought she may be coming back into season, she wasn't thirsty or off her food either, but she went in for a spay and they found she had it!! They said it was a good job she went in when she did....
Anyway thinking of you, hubby and Mo, lots of hugs and {{{VIBES}}} coming your way
Thanks Claire, Mo is thirsty and off her food which is what was ringing alarm bells. Just hope I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by marymary View Post
will be thinking of you and yours tomorrow
Thanks Mary

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
My Breeze had a closed Pyo, she was spayed, it was a concern of mine with Mo, which is why I said asap. It IS the only course of action, Breeze made a full recovery.
I know Dawn, we were thinking along the same lines I think. The vets were very good rang me back as they said they would and got me in very quickly.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Meg also had pyo (open) she also bounced back after an emergency spay.She was also scanned and had bloods done.

Sending good luck vibes and big hugs from here xx
Thanks Sal

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Ohh Im sorry to hear this fingers crossed for you and your little lady
Thanks DD, hope you don't get cramp in your fingers between now and tomorrow
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »