Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Mad isn't it! Now I really like paps, all the one's ive met have been fab, but they are super intelligent and not silly little playthings!
Some of them are so funny in the ring when they start to misbehave

I don't think she realised her dog was actually not handbagged size. Lets hope she doesn't ever decide to get a leonberger or something because she will have a huge problem carrying it
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Not all people with toy breeds see them as toys! we have hairless small breed dogs that are treated just the same as the JRT and Spinone... For hairless dogs they can be right hardy little things!!! But some people think Its great fun to dress them up, carry them around in hand bags, push them around In prams ect! I say get a teddy.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Not all people with toy breeds see them as toys! we have hairless small breed dogs that are treated just the same as the JRT and Spinone... For hairless dogs they can be right hardy little things!!! But some people think Its great fun to dress them up, carry them around in hand bags, push them around In prams ect! I say get a teddy.
Guessing you don't have a pink pram for them then? Can't beleive how many people at shows have them.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I think if I ever tried to dress mine up, carry them around or pander to them in the way I obviously should because they're small dogs they'd all leave home in disgust.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:15 PM
nope no pram for them, we have a cage and trolley. which we take them In and let them go In for rest, but at shows they mainly wander around with us Same as people with the hairless breeds think you need to smuther the poor wee things In coats constantly. ermm no you dont. only In really really bad weather! Some of ours wont even leave the house for walks In coats so have to take them off. cant wreck their street cred
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Mad isn't it! Now I really like paps, all the one's ive met have been fab, but they are super intelligent and not silly little playthings!
That's another thing that really gets to me! Some of the toy breeds are incredibly intelligent, it must be so utterly dull for them having to live life being treated like a little idiot, never being able to put their intelligence to any use
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
... Someone once said you should treat your little dog the way you would a large dog and only allow it do to what you would allow a large dog to do. Good advice I thought!
Very good advice I think! and a maxim I endeavor to follow with my 3.

Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
... And this teacup fad is a bit of a concern, there must be health problems associated with breeding them purely to be tiny??
That's what worries me.

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Very well put!

Now I confess I do have a bag for my dogs but it's not a prissy thing it's a practical sling type thing and neither of them have been in it since they were puppies. I got it so I could do longer walks for Pepper's benefit without over doing it for the puppy. My lazy Gozo was very happy in it (probably still would be given the opportunity!) but little livewire Enzo always wanted to be on the ground haring around and sniffing the smells!

J.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Oh dear... Im glad I have never seen this...
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by budskipup View Post
they keep the dog in the handbag? is there a special compartment in the handbag for the dog ,waterproof and washable , incase of accidents .I feel a dragons den moment coming on !!!!!
Haha too late, iv seen lots of doggy handbags :/
budskipup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:09 AM
dam , I,ve just spend my first million
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >