View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 09:47 PM
DON'T let yourself be bullied out of going there. (She probably thinks it's "her turf" or something pathetically stupid like that).

Just remember how it got to me with the teenagers tormenting my dog every time I poked my nose out of the door, or walked down the street even at stupid o'clock which went on (still is.....) for 2 years! I became a hermit and my dog hardly ever went out - which wasn't so bad as it happens as removal from his stressors has now resulted in a chilled-out dog who yesterday didn't react at all when they started their usual tricks..... I am meeting more and more sensible people with nice sensible dogs and Merlin's made more new doggy friends in the last 2 weeks than he has in the last 3 years.

Going back and reclaiming the park has made me more friends.... and got me plenty of backup if they start their harassment again. Word gets around, but it won't if you don't get there to spread it....

I know in London it's hard to make new friends sometimes (lived there 18+yrs myself! plus born & bred) but if you can find some people with dogs that yours get on with, there's safety in numbers - and you may not be the ONLY person this horrible excuse for a human being has been abusive and nasty to!

Don't let it affect you or your lovely lads!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 10:08 PM
What a horrid individual. Can't stand people like that. Try to rise above the stupid cow.

I honestly think it is the weather bringing these people out. Hopefully they will crawl back in their holes soon.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
had a poop day..thought id clear my head and walk 2 of the boys at their new place......
had them both on leads,as i do sussing out who's at the park(not because mine aren't social,they are but there are alot of numpties with a certain type of dog ) alls cool.see a lab playing ball with its family,thought id leave them be,as its 3 fields joined onto one i walked to the farthest field,let them off,they had a lovely time,made friends with some kids whos garden backed on to it..time to go home...clipped them back on leads,see the lab(which was a bitch) and a mahousive dog,looked rottie cross mastiff and his owner was about the same build lol.....well the dog started to come towards the boys...i asked the owner could she please call it,she ignored me,it then it growled so my boys pulled towards it,i have a arm that 'pops out' and my arm got pulled a strange way(hasnt done it for a year) i fell over unable to move...the boys ran off i heard a grumble..then nothing but the woman screaming at me to get my dangerous dogs,that at this point are standing over me wondering why im laying on the floor unable to move...the owner of the lab,came over asked if my dogs were friendly,i said they were fine but i cant move till my shoulder pops back,so he said he would hold them...this woman is still sreaming at me 'i have no sympathy' shouldn't be out with them they are dangerous and next time it could be kids!!,kids what?'she continued 'my dogs friendly its been playing with the lab',i do wonder the lab was a bitch and her dog came over to my males growling ...well i eventually got my shoulder in,thanked the guy, and left the park whilst being told shes gonna tie her dog up and come 'box me' calling me a bimbo (lol i was in a dress yes...but with trainers too lol oh and im 5 foot 3 and 7 stone))...because her offlead dog was allowed to come up to mine after me asking her to call him away......my arm still hurts,i cryed all the way home,and now cant go back to the 'new walking place' which was fab

i wish i was more like them someimes,have the boys off and not give a flying!!!.

no fight happened.was i so in the wrong?..
......... still crying..silly i know
Listen 'ere kid, take no notice of the stupid cow, you go where you want to with your dogs! Just make sure you take that bold, fearless one with you to protect you next time, failing that Ill come down there and give her some "Border" aggro, she wouldnt know what hit her!
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I feel for you, I really do. Not your fault, Problem is, it can be so difficult to avoid these idiot people.

I live in London, and Luchi & I have suffered our fair share of crapness. Luckily it seems to roll of Luchi like water off a dogs back (sorry I meant duck) lol.

Bottom line, don't be intimidated, but still, find a place you can go in peace.

Not sure where you are, but you are welcome to join us on the Kent/London borders for a walk. Can't guarantee there will not be some nutters, but mostly there aren't,

Hope you feel better, you have your gorgeous dogs.
f*** the rest of the mad people. They will never go away. unfortunately
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 10:26 PM
awe shes just a fat ugly woman that thought she was cleaver having a go at a slim good looking one,

you walk where you like hun, x
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I would get your shoulder checked out- a traumatic dislocation can cause a labral tear or rotator cuff damage
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 11:00 PM
People like that are quick to jump on anyone with something they haven't got- well behaved dogs for instance! Pay no mind to the likes of her, 'cause one day she'll pick on some one who can give as good as they get and I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh*t she'll come out the worst for it! I hope your arms feeling better soon, have a nice long cuddle with those gorgeous mutts of yours and forget it ever happened xxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 11:23 PM
oh that sounds horrible (((hugs))) dont let her bully you out of a nice play to walk. she was just a disgusting bully, which is one of the worst type of people!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by murph View Post
I would get your shoulder checked out- a traumatic dislocation can cause a labral tear or rotator cuff damage
I was also wondering about your shoulder dislocation but as I'm not medically trained, I wasn't thinking so technically. My left kneecap dislocates and I have to be so careful about which way the dogs may pull if something happens witrh another dog or owner.

Don't let this silly old cow stop you walking where you want to. At least you also have nice people where you are and someone came to help you. Where I live, in Elmdon Park if you were to fall over, there are a lot of people who would stand and watch you struggle. Although at the airport fields which back onto Sheldon Country Park, practically everyone would help.

Hopefully the lab owner realised what had happened and will put this woman right. Although people like that don't listen to anyone. She's most likely at home now spouting crap about what really happened today making out that you and your boys were in the wrong.

Ignore her and others like her. You walk where you and your boys enjoy walking. Sod everyone else!

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 06:04 AM
How are you feeling today, L? Hope the shoulder isn't too sore, but I'm guessing it's pretty painful.

Hugs chick x0x
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >