Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by murph View Post
or irish wolfhound x cech x sarrloos - that would be pretty cool!
I find that quite ironic ..lol
like the name btw ... murf
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I think I would do border collie x golden retriever, intelligence, stamina, willingness to please and a great family pet
That's what we think our girl is and she is indeed an awesome family pet.
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-05-2010, 04:44 PM
collie/setter/springer/st bernard!!- whatever breed that would produce
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I would love to cross a Border Collie with an Afghan - but only if it would produce a smaller, slightly less hairy Afghan with rhe tranability of a Collie. Cavalier would have to go into the mix to to add calmness
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by malwhit View Post
I would love to cross a Border Collie with an Afghan - but only if it would produce a smaller, slightly less hairy Afghan with rhe tranability of a Collie. Cavalier would have to go into the mix to to add calmness
Ohh...I knew a BC x Afghan once....she was a very pretty slightly less hairy version of an Afghan. Her owner used to make sure he had a paper to wait until she decided to come back from a walk.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Generally speaking I like pedigrees but I saw 2 beautiful dogs when I collected Cherry and Parker from the grooming college once. They were GSD x Lhasa Apsos and were the size of a small GSD but with lovely Lhasa Apso coats. I would never have guessed the parentage if I had not have asked!

I would have loved the "Kerrydale" I saw on a website once (Kerry Blue terrier x Airedale terrier) It was large like an Airedale but a beautiful grey colour-a definite one-off!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Slovaks officially googled!

Right am hoping this doesnt sound too bizarre but they are quite the most 'human' looking dogs i have ever seen?
LOL!! I know exactly what you mean, it is the eyes I think. Plus, they think they are people anyway. I have loads of pictures of my Bo doing her best 'human' impression.
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I love my Siberian Husky/Samoyed cross but having seen photos of other in this mix I realise that I do have a particularly beautiful dog, she looks more like an NI but much smaller.
Then I realised that this thread is an "if you were God thread and I would like to cross a dalmation with a samoyed just to get the gorgeous long coat and all those fabulous spots!!!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I would cross a golden retriever for their brilliant nature with a cocker spaniel, hopefully getting a cocker sized goldie, then I could keep 2 of them Maybe throw in something to stop their coat moulting, perfect!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I would cross a Collie with a multicross.........that way there would be brains as well as hardiness and a touch of the unexpected!!!

I would call it the rare lesser spotted tree climbing mole hunting bin raiding cryptic crossword solving mutt hound.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >