Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
So it is an administrative c*ck-up.
If the local authority did not properly discharge its duties then legal title has not properly transfered.

Didn't we see this with Animal Wardens Ltd and Kiss, the Husky in Hastings? I can't remember how that turned out.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
What on earth is cruel about what the new owner has done. They simply gave a home to a rescue dog that was found wandering the streets.
Too true and there are imo questions about the previous owner and I agree with another poster who felt it was all a bit odd. As long as the dog has been with it's new owner it's had a good life and after so long it would be cruel to make it go back to the original surely??
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Too true and there are imo questions about the previous owner and I agree with another poster who felt it was all a bit odd. As long as the dog has been with it's new owner it's had a good life and after so long it would be cruel to make it go back to the original surely??
So if ur dog escaped ur rang rescuses etc and left a description and it got re homed that wud b ok?

This poor dog has the stress of new owners when a real case could have found a home

ATD x
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm in agreement with some of the other replies in as much as I dont have alot of sympathy. Yes, we all know tags can come off collars so thats why microchipping should be the first method of ID, with the tag to back it up so Joe Public know who to contact if they come across a lost dog.

She let it out into the garden and if it's a farm, it's probably not 100% secure, and didnt check up on it sufficiently. Dogs get 7 days before being PTS or put up for adoption, this is common knowledge so I see the only error of ways lies with the old lady.

If one of my dogs escaped and then got rehomed, yes, I would be mortified and would fight to get my dog back. However, all my dogs are chipped and have tags so IMO, my case would be strong enough and I wouldnt be to blame.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I'm in agreement with some of the other replies in as much as I dont have alot of sympathy. Yes, we all know tags can come off collars so thats why microchipping should be the first method of ID, with the tag to back it up so Joe Public know who to contact if they come across a lost dog.

She let it out into the garden and if it's a farm, it's probably not 100% secure, and didnt check up on it sufficiently. Dogs get 7 days before being PTS or put up for adoption, this is common knowledge so I see the only error of ways lies with the old lady.

If one of my dogs escaped and then got rehomed, yes, I would be mortified and would fight to get my dog back. However, all my dogs are chipped and have tags so IMO, my case would be strong enough and I wouldnt be to blame.

Judging by another thread on here currently running its a complete waste of time as you won't get your dog back anyway !
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2010, 01:24 PM
According to todays papers the previous owner and the dog have been reunited and the dog is back home.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
According to todays papers the previous owner and the dog have been reunited and the dog is back home.
Do you have a link please?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 02:43 PM
It's on page 19 of todays daily express
it reads
A widow has been reunited with her dog after it was impounded by a council and sold to another family for £80.
Callous officials told Liz Horns 72 they had rehomed her Jack Russell Penny after she was found wandering the streets.
Mrs Horns begged them to tell her the names of the new owners but they refused, claiming it was against data protection laws.
But after the Daily Express revealed her distress, Stratford District council in Warwickshire arranged for Penny to be returned, blaming it all on a clerical mix up.
Mrs Horns said at her home in Ashorne last night " This is a victory for common sense"
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Ok found the link http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...l-that-sold-it
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:50 PM
i am glad she has her dog back. it is a difficult one to judge as there are different stories, but if the one that she did inform the rescue centre before the 7 days were up, and it was a clerical error, then i feel a lot of sympathy for her and sorry that some people said she didnt do enough.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3