View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Just to confuse you more i think dogs are like people some are easier to get on with than others and some can clash regardless of sex! I would say bitches tend to be the boss over dogs from my experience anyway {who wants to mess with a stoippy woman????] Are you intending getting from a breeder or rescue? I would ask the breeders advice and try and figure out the type of temperament your existing dog has to try and get a suitable companion, if a rescue you can try them together out walking i would think, to see if there's an immediate clash of personalities or not. Good Luck
HoneyBunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Just to confuse you more i think dogs are like people some are easier to get on with than others and some can clash regardless of sex! I would say bitches tend to be the boss over dogs from my experience anyway {who wants to mess with a stoippy woman????] Are you intending getting from a breeder or rescue? I would ask the breeders advice and try and figure out the type of temperament your existing dog has to try and get a suitable companion, if a rescue you can try them together out walking i would think, to see if there's an immediate clash of personalities or not. Good Luck
Thank you for all your advice EGYPTGAL, I unerstand what everyone is saying dogs clash with some dogs and with others there are fine with.

Take this huski x akita my friend has done nothing wrong to Honey she can't stand him. Even if he is across the road she barks like mad at him. With other dogs she never barks at them.

I am buying a puppy of a very good breeder that I have found. She seems to think that Honey would be ok. If I got a bitch I would like to breed her. Honey's personality is daft, bossy and very clever but when it comes to other dogs she just wants to play all the time regardless of their sex. She is just a bit wary of bigger dogs as she got attacked by a chocolate lab.

And yes messing with a stroppy woman is never a good idea lol
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Funny you should say that about the husky x akita, my youngest hated a husky foster we had she was very dominant though!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3