Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
he doesnt like being "dictated to " apparantely....

I know what i would like to do to him right now.
it seems like its him doing the dictating!

He sounds sooooooooooo much like my older brother its scary!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oohh give me strength - just off phone to mum and brother has told her that they are not welcome anymore......................

oh my god he has truly lost the plot.
I actually cannot call him just now as am so angry at having to listen to my mum and dad cry down the phone to me.

I truly cannot believe how selfish and childish my brother is - elder at that !!!
That is beyond belief, I'm so sorry for your poor parents. What on earth does he think he's playing at - I don't understand. I still can't see the issue. Does he have any other babysitters?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That is beyond belief, I'm so sorry for your poor parents. What on earth does he think he's playing at - I don't understand. I still can't see the issue. Does he have any other babysitters?
just sister in laws parents but they are away this weekend( hence why my mum and dad were asked in the first place) they wont be asking me, and I wouldnt do it anyway as would also need to be at my house and we have the dog for them to get their knickers in a knot about !! that really would be WW3

So I really cant see them getting anyone else to come and stay in their house who knows the wee man aswell as both grandparents...which is the issue in the first place- however they deserve not to go out - and I hope they have a crap weekend as they completely deserve it.

my poor mum and dad
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I know he's your brother, but passive aggressive bullies need to be put in their place - if you have to hold your tongue all the time just for keeping the peace then what's the point? If you have that negative energy festering inside you if won't do you any good (especially now that you're pregnant), so let it out, say what you think and stand up for your mum! You'll feel so much better and he'll come round eventually, I'm sure he'll need you or your mum sooner or later - life works like that....
Family should be able to be honest with each other.
Good luck
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Maybe they're now hoping your parents will give in because they're upset at not seeing their Grandson. I hope they hold out for the weekend anyway. They deserve to have a good time and I hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Your poor Mum and Dad How dare they treat them like that! Your Mum was good enough to baby sit, they should be thankful........

Hope your brother comes to his senses soon x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I have read what you've written and said and I would stay out of it...let the waters calm and look after yourself you are pregnant and your Mom and Dad need you to be strong.

Let your brother stew for a while.....I expect from his persepective as you describe him it is "like colouring outside the lines"

Your Mom and Dad are upset which is enough without you arguing with your brother which will just make them worse...and more guilty..which you don't want.

Take a step away and let all calm down but as long as your Mom and Dad make it clear they are there for their grandson and son and DIL then the ball is in your brothers court. Things like this can get out of hand and cause breakdowns in families.....the old saying is right too A son is a son till he takes him a wife a daughter is a daughter all of her life.....
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Sounds to me like they are trying to use emotional blackmail to make your parents backdown so that your brother gets his own way again.
If you wasn't pregnant then i'd say give them a call, and give them all barrels blazing, but as you are pregnant, you really dont want to be getting stessed and upset, and if phoning them and you letting off steam is likely to make you more stressed out then it's perhaps best to bite your tongue.
Your mum is very lucky she has you and other family members with her on mothering sunday to make her feel special, and I hope you, her and her mum all have a really lovely sunday together xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks all for your kind comments and its nice to know that its not us misinterpreting my crazy brother....

I cannot call and speak to him as just too angry.
I am going to leave it til after the weekend and see if they back down.

However I am going to speak to my brother at a later date and make him see how upsetting it is for my mum and dad to be blackmailed like this.
We get on as long as I dont disagree with him, but I wont be holding my tongue on this.. he has gone too far and he needs to see what he is doing.

thanks again for all the kind words.
have found a lovely and funny poem for my mum and going to superimpose it on a photo of her and Luca to make her realise how much of an important role she is in his life !!

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Sounds like your Brother needs a good ar$e kicking........I'm free all day tomorrow!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »