View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
We chose Yorkies because many years ago we looked after a relatives yorkie and Sheep dog when they went away on holiday etc...the Yorkie was adorable and we always wanted a dog but could never decide...until we did dog sitting and the decision was made...don't get me wrong, the sheep dog was also lovely but had a very short attention span where as the Yorkie was into everything......never regretted our choice.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 07:25 PM
The school caretaker got a puppy when I was at junior school. My Mum worked with her as she was a cleaner so i was invited round to see the pup, Whisky, a JRT..... and that was it, smitten.
I pestered and pestered and then when I was 15 my Dad got me one and three years later I got another one.

Now I'll never be without a Jack, no matter what other breeds may come my way.
vilmusius
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I love Jacks as well! I never really thought about having a terrier. Always liked bigger dogs. But one day went into the garage to collect my car and met a women with two parson russell terriers. I thought they are the most incredible dogs I ever met. Now I have one of my own. They are such are characters. Who new I am a terrier woman
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
My next door neighbour wouldn't pay the vet bill on the jack they'd abused - so I did and I kept her.

From then on, my heart belonged to jack russells
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Simples! Once a week I rushed home from school and watched this

and this

so now I`ve got two of these...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I have had/handled lots of breeds over the years, but rotties just sucked me right in, they are so adictive,
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I wanted a big, cuddly breed, lovable and loyal to their family Not a lively breed as me and my partner both work a fair bit so we needed a breed which spent a lot of time enjoying long naps! (with another to cuddle up to of course!) But also had the stamina for long walks at the weekends and holidays hiking around Scotland. So along came Zeke and Keisha...our Akitas.

I really want a terrier, I LOVE Cairn terriers, but first need to wait till we've made the move to Scotland and have more space and less time out at work
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Willow, my bitsa was chucked out(literally on the street) with the rest of her litter at 5wks old, long story short, my MIL found her & took her home, RSPCA not interested so i had her (she's 10yrs old now)
Skye (BC) we got from a really fantastic breeder, i chose her cos she was the only one with mismatched markings on her face i just fell in love with her at first sight. I had never considered BC's before but my OH was brought up with them and desperately wanted one .........and there my obsession with them was born
My new boy Drift(BC) is a rescue boy; i know his foster mum, and fell in love when i saw his pictures,had no intention of getting another dog yet.....then i actually met him and that was it; he chose me i just had to have him and what a babe he is xxxx

Jann
xx
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I got into agility with our family GSD XBC (looks very much like a gsd) He was our 4th GSD cross and so I love shepherds.
I love big dogs and had met so many lovely rotties I really wanted one for myself so as soon as I moved out (well before actually) I started looking for either a big GSD or a rottie or a cross through classifieds and rescues. As soon as I heard about Bailey (GSD xRottie) 5 Months old at the time on a rescue site I knew I had to have him, that weekend I picked him up and never looked back!
It was my intention to have a big dog to fulfill that love and then a slighter breed for agility, I knew the BC wasn't the right breed for me, so started doing a lot of research saw Belgians competing looked into the breed and then contacted breeders and then a while later I had Pascha and am officially in love with belgians (its a shepherd thing I think).
Last summer I started thinking about trying agility with a small breed (for many reasons) so again I started doing my research and decided that I wanted either a papillon or a german spitz (3 spitz already train at my club) I almost got a rescue papillon in January and then the next week I replied to advert for a german spitz klein coming up to a year old, unfortunately he was already taken but the breeder told me I could have a none-show quality puppy at a resonable price and he is now settling in very well with us all.
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I have always wanted a BIG dog (St.Bernard, Mastiff) but didn't feel it would be be practical for us to get one (space money on food etc.)

Second choice would have been a Golden Retriever or Lab! We had a family Retriever and my sister has a Lab so I didn't feel I could get one and 'compare'

I never though of a Beagle until I saw one in a Kennels one day, they are a good size (not too big/small) a wonderful temperment and I also love their beatuiful faces!! I am yet to regret my choice as I don't think I could be without Monty!! (good thing Beagles should also live a long time)

If I were to get another dog one day I think I would have to try and go back to my orginal choices of a BIG ONE!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >