28-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Age is only a number

Good Luck x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Supposed it wouldn't do any harm to see, i'm just used to older guys, my ex was a LOT older too so it's even more of a shock to the system as I felt so young now I feel ollllllld.
Oh been there, good for making you feel young but doesnt mean they are any more mature or treat you any better

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Life is for living, you are young get out there enjoy yourself and have fun. It may or may not last or come to anything but if it gives you happiness then go for it.
Age is just a number.
Stop worrying if its mean't to be it will be and if not you will have had a bit of fun on your journey through life.
Well said

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Go for it!
When I was 16, I was with a 24 year old (different when the guy is older, I know!).

I've dated guys the same age, and older guys, and they've all been immature!
oh so true
I'm going on a date next week with a 21 year old (well, he's 22 the day after our date!) - and i'm 26 (nearly 27)
He's definitely more mature than the 30 year old I was with!

A) you dobbed yourself in now I expect updates
B) yes age does not = maturity level so wipe the age issue take it on him and judge him as how he is not how old he is
[QUOTE=youngstevie;1832533]Go with what you feel

When I was 46.........I went out with a 22 year old No other comment [/
QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhh you are a cougar (the new name for 'Mrs Robinson's)

Seriously age is a never mind thing yes it can count but more importantly it is how you to get on, how your life flows with him in it, it may be one date it maybe a week, a month, a year, a life time, just go with how you feel.
Age doesn't equal maturity so you never can tell
As for waiting period, when you are ready, as long as you give it sometime and not just jump into the next relationship to stop the hurt of the last ex it is fine, so don't think there is a right or wrong waiting period, just an individual decision and those who judge it as wrong it is only because they choose differently and need to stop judging others choices.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 04:30 AM
And when you're 50 and he's 43, would it seem such a big gap? I don't think so

Paul's actually 5 years younger than me... its no biggie.. so neither would 7 years be.

Forgot the numbers hon, just go out, have fun, see what develops.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 06:38 AM
My second husband was 13 years older than me. Baz is five years younger than me.

I know what I prefer.....

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 07:41 AM
I agree, it can work really well. I introduced my best friend to her husband..who is 7 years younger than her...they are still together 15 years on My dad was 20 years older than my mum. I don't think age makes that much of a difference in fairness.

Having said that...would I at 25 have dated an 18 year old. No. Rightly or wrongly I still see an 18 year old as very young...just coming out of childhood...so I just couldn't. It is probably because I am a teacher, but I just couldn't do it, I would have felt he was too young...and just too close to 'childhood'...give him another couple of years...

I know that is hypocritical after saying it can and does work, I do know that...and I know age is just a number etc...but I just wouldn't have done it. I think it is the teacher thing...
{steps back to get a slating}

In fairness though Kel...I would also say just enjoy, in terms of when to get into a new relationship, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules....everyone is different, it's like when we lose a dog...some people go and get a new companion instantly, some can't face it and wait. There isn't a right answer.

HUgs hun...relax and enjoy.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Go with what you feel
LOL that could be taken a number of ways , but if it feels good enjoy it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
LOL that could be taken a number of ways , but if it feels good enjoy it
and enjoy I did.....Does the ego process some good xxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Go for it - absolutely its about the person not the age if you get on and have fun then why not. If he treats you well and makes you laugh and of course the ALL important factor....likes doggies then hey go have some fun Hun. As for you just spliting up with your ex thats it he's an ex now....don't let that spoil what could be a great future if its right for you then its the right time!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 09:12 AM
You go for it girl. But it won`t last. After all, when he`s 40 you`ll be 46!

It`s not the years, it`s the mileage.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2009, 11:41 AM
It's not a huge gap so providing they weren't really childish then why not.

When I was 17 I had a thing going with a 32 year old. It was good fun but to think she's now 53 is a bit odd.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »