View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I was bitten when i was 7 or 8 by our Westie, she narrowly missed my eye and it really wasnt my fault. I was sat on the floor playing with my toys she walked past then turned and bit for no reason. My Mum made the choice to have her PTS after this as she really was very unpredictable and had been getting worse. It didnt put me off dogs but i want that fond of Westies in the first place so this has totally put me off the breed.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
or is it, if you fall off you need to get straight back on {could just be a horsey saying though}

funny you should mention horse, i was also told i couldn't be a good rider without being chucked off............and i have duly been a couple of times!
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I was once bitten by a rough coated collie. It was my fault, kind of, as I was on a swing in my garden, the collie had wandered into the garden (he belonged to people who rented a cottage from my parents, right next to out garden and the garden was open for him to come into, even though he wasn't really meant to). I didn't see him and as I swung my legs out to push the swing up, my foot caught him on the nose! His reaction was to jump up and bite me on the shoulder. I got a massive shock and was very upset at the time but it obviously hasn't scared me too much ha ha!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Three times....

Bitten by a GSD as a child, my fault for sticking my hand through the gate when I was told not to!

Bitten by out PRT, Bobby, when I was a toddler. He was just one of those raged dogs you used to get in those days!

Third time was the worst. A Sheepdog grabbed me by the face as a Teen, when I was helping out at a friends farm. Again partly my fault as the dog had warned me previously by growling at me, but being the dog lover I am I couldn't resist trying to make friends.

It didn't leave me with a fear of dogs, but I certainly have a fear of some breeds because of those experiences.
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I lifted a Rough Collie at work (groomer) and the poor thing was terrified and snapped me right on the neck and jaw... I dropped her then was so concerned I had hurt her my boss was screaming at me about my face it was just superficial but her teeth on my bone was like an electric shock I was surprised at the bang...

My boss then duly told me she had been a rescue. the poor soul, Needless to say I wasnt too impressed she hadnt told me as I had scared the poor dog..
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Only when breaking up fights.
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Only when breaking up fights.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I had a hamster once that bit me on a daily basis- funny thing was i think as a 10 year old rather than put me off, it just upped my pain threshold and i still tried to cuddle the poor thing every day!!
As a real tomboy i used to see blood as a trophy anyway!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
funny you should mention horse, i was also told i couldn't be a good rider without being chucked off............and i have duly been a couple of times!
Now a horse I have been bitten by...

Oh hold your hand out flat she said, he will just suck the oats off she said, IT WILL TICKLE SHE SAID...AYE RIGHT

He was a good horse really
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
yep, i was bitten by my uncles dog when i was 4. it was my fault though. my uncle had two dogs who hated each other so they had to get seperated but they accidently got together, and charlie launch himself at dusty and my big head got in the way. i can still feel the scar under my hair, there was blood everywhere and my aunt had to come rushing over to help coz she is a nurse.

it didnt make me scared of any dog though, not even charlie who i was fine with one i was all cleaned up
Oooerr, I have a Charlie AND a Dusty!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »