View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Oh Hali after living with months of Frankie and Diesel fighting at every opportunity and trying to rip each other to shreds seemingly over nothing, I really feel for you. Thankfully these days it's a much rarer event and now it's all noise and bluster with no damage done. I've always had a zero tolerance policy where aggression is concerned and my view is they have to live together so they will bl**dy well learn to tolerate each other. It can be such hard work though even trying to work the triggers out, and sometimes we have to accept the triggers are us and what we're doing and it's us that have to change as well as the dogs.
I'm sure once you've calmed down and stopped crying you'll get your thinking cap on and try to figure it out. I don't think that keeping them apart for ever will be the only option, once you start to recognise the early signals you should be able to stop it escalating to actual fighting and take it from there. The earlier you recognise the signals the better the chance of stopping them in their tracks. Hugs mate x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Aw so sorry to hear this, sending you (((HUGS))) what an awful situation to be in, I do hope there is a solution so you can keep your girls xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Aw Fiona what a nightmare for you I am so sad to be reading this, I know you have tried so hard with stumpy and it must be heart breaking for you on top of actually witnessing the fights you now have to try and find solutions. I know you will do wateveryou can and any decision won't be made lightly sending you lots of hugs and special waggy tails from Ben xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:05 AM
That is my worst nightmare. So sorry it has happened to you.

I always said I could never live with dogs seperate all the time. I also said last in first out----but so very hard.

If you look at it from the dogs point of view they can't be happy to be stressed and worried and on the alert all the time either.

Can you look around for a special home for Stumpy? They do turn up more often than you might think.

Good luck with whatever you decide, you are being very brave in doing the right thing for the dogs.

rune
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh no, Fiona! I can't begin to imagine the torment you are going through. I wish I could do something to help. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers *hugs*
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm really sorry xx don't know what to say, you must be feeling rotten. I do hope you can sort something out xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh no my poor Hoki, I hope the ear heals soon.

I just can't imagine what you must be going through, poor you. I am thinking of you all and loads of hugs.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-09-2009, 09:44 AM
A hard spot.

My condolences and hopes for a happy outcome.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Are they spayed sometimes taking hormones out of the picture helps
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 11:00 AM
OMG Fiona, I had no idea it was getting so serious I really don't know what to suggest. Mine have the odd spats with Allan's but it is easy to keep them separately if need be.

I really hope you can find a solution which won't mean having to rehome one of your girls, as I know how much they both mean to you. Do you think finding a new home for Tip (as was originally planned anyway) may diffuse the situation between the girls?

Hugs to you.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »