View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 05:56 AM
not individually but as a group, when they are charging around doing waht springers do at 300miles an hour they make people smile and laugh, before they turn to us and say "are you mad" or the old "you've got your hands full"
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Monty? Fighting? Ahh, if only they knew eh! What a bunch of numb nuts!!

We get absolutely heaps of positive attention with Woody, especially when camping over the weekend. People were telling people about him and coming over to have a pet/chat. I think it's because he's such an unusual looking springer; nice markings, soft, shiny coat and huge/stocky for his age.

The only sort of negative thing that annoys me is that everyone expects him to be a worker, possibly because of his 1/3 docking but mainly because he is a working springer. It's not the end of the world but it becomes annoying having to always explain that he's not and almost justify him to a pet home.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Missy gets lots of attention. Open the door and if the kids are about the first thing you hear is "Missy" and then the kids queueing up to stroke her!
Out and about people are always making a fuss, I think because she makes it so obvious she's happy to see anyone!
Suzi19
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:36 AM
My Monty gets far too much attention, ranging from crossing the road and hiding in shop doorways, to cars pulling up and asking me what type of breed he is. My postman often stops me to take photo's of my handsome lad to show to his wife and the other posties. Last week, we were stalked by a milkman who finally came over for pats holding a doggy treat! It makes walkies go on for ever so I now take him out at 4.30 in the morning so that I'm not late for work lol.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Dale is the one that attracts attention. I think its the markings on his face and he knows how to look cute Chip is a bit more standoffish with strangers so it works out well. By the time Dale's been made a fuss of Chip wants the attention too.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
We get a lot of attention cos both boys have tails mainly, we get a lot of people asking what they are crossed with

Then it's mainly just the usual Boxer comments about being mad, mental, thick, aggressive, baby-eaters. You know, the usual....
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
We get a lot of attention cos both boys have tails mainly, we get a lot of people asking what they are crossed with

Then it's mainly just the usual Boxer comments about being mad, mental, thick, aggressive, baby-eaters. You know, the usual....
I do indeed! I'd forgotten about the tail comments, we get those a lot too!

One lad, about 18, on holiday was stroking him and said to me "lovely dogs Staffs, aren't they?" whilst gesturing at Monty. I just smiled and said yes they are but he is a boxer. This was also the same lad who'd asked about fighting and u can imagine the look on his face when I said Monty was a boxer!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:45 AM
To be fair though some people are not very knowledgeable about dog breeds, I have never seen a boxer with a tail before either. I have seen a Dobie with a tail though.

My dog gets a fair bit of attention, people always ask me if i race her (fair question) and most people say what excellent temperaments greyhounds have. It is mainly men who are interested in her though, usually old men ! and some kids ask about her racing, i tell them what has happened to her (she was an RSPCA case after her racing career taken off people she was rehomed with) and they are usually very taken aback.
sasmi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
When our bullie was young we had loads of comments about how nice it was to see a boxer with a tail. Some people got quite upset when I said she wasn't a boxer!! Now people mostly stay out of her way, although she is very popular at school. Everyone loves the clumber puppy, even though most insist on calling him the colombia puppy!! Constantly get asked what he is, why there aren't many of them and how big will he get? Its those huge paws! He is a fab clumber pr dog!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 03:34 PM
The Chis get a lot of attention which I don't mind, so long as I have the time. If I'm trying to do a quick walk because I need to get somewhere, it can get irritating.

I get mostly positive comments for mine but I do get the occasional "rat" comment and "why didn't you get a real dog" idiots but I take it that these people are ignorant, so don't pay much attention. Used to but it's like water off a ducks back now..............

I have had a few awkward times where people "insist" on picking them up and I of course "insist" that they don't (I don't mind if somebody asks nicely and I think they are capable of not dropping them, also some of my dogs are nervous with strangers, so don't want them getting scared at being picked up by somebody they don't know). One man refused to take no for an answer in Southend one day and was literally trying to walk off with the dog to "show his girlfriend" but luckily my Daughter refused to let go of the lead, so he had to give up! Some people are such asses
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >