Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
All things considered I think I am going to phone the vet tomorrow and put it off until after her second season...

Kismet is very small even for a Husky. As a huskamute she should be much bigger and lately she seems to be having a second growth spurt. I don't want to risk spaying her now and stunting her final stages of development..

I'm also about to have my kitchen ripped out and replaced and to be honest the thought of dealing with a post op recovering Kismet, while juggling workmen etc is just not appealing. I'd much rather deal with a potentially in season Kismet!

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions... Sometimes you just need to hear some other voices to make up your mind don't you

Taz
Follow your instincts! Seriously. If you feel you should perhaps wait then wait. Especially bearing in mind your comment about her size/development.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:40 PM
In all honesty, I found that Tiani was fine, post-op! She was a little quiet for a few hours (and a bit clingy with me for a few days), then ate some chicken and rice and then slept. By next day she was up and about but probably slept a bit more than usual. By the following day she was jumping all round the furniture giving me a heart attack, worrying about the stitches. This was only about a month ago and you can't even see the scar unless you search for it. No probs at all. Tiani is a 4lb Chi, so I'm sure Kismet will sail through the op, when the time is right. That's the key sentence though isn't it? When the time is right! Unfortunately, only you can make that decision. I opted for later rather than sooner with Tiani. If it helps at all (which I don't suppose it does) I feel from your posts that in your heart you would prefer to leave it until after her next season. Like Pidge said, follow your instincts Whatever you decide, I am sure Kismet will be fine
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Well.... I mulled

I cogitated...

.................. In the end?

Kismet is..................................

At the vets

Everyone wish her well

I felt so terrible as she merrily trotted off witht he nice vet lady on her adventure....

Not a care in the world...

Oh how I feel I have betrayed her
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Don't worry! She'll bounce back in no time!
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm sure she will be fine. I had one of my bitches spayed last Wednesday, though a bit older as she is 6 years and she recovered very well from it. She actually has no stitches as they glued it. She has to still go back just to make sure she is healing well.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 11:37 AM
you remind me of me this time 2 weeks ago lol, she will be fine and home very soon. Then you have the problem of keeping her calm lol. Hope she is ok, sending her gentle hugs

Mel xx
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm sure she will be fine hun, a few hours and she will be back home. xxx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 11:47 AM
only 1 hour to go then i can call them to see if she's been done yet
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm sure she will be fine and back to herself in no time
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Of course she will be fine. It'll be you that worries yourself to death. We all do. Guilt just seems to be part of being a dog owner (and a parent )! We can only do what we think is best. Hope Kismet isn't too sore. If Tiani is anything to go by, Kismet will sail through the whole thing
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >