Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Phil, those are fabulous-looking birds, especially the first (by a short hair!).

Occasionally, our garden gets overflown by hen-harriers and kestrels, scanning the area for rats to marmalise.

My cousin lives in Aviemore , though, and she gets visits from ospreys (REALLY gorgeous birds!)

Snorri

We also have an Osprey that visits the reservoir in front of our cottage, but I haven't been lucky enough to see it yet
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Here's the man Kirsty, and he does more than any falconry display has ever done, and they've now got a golden eagle! They do courses too!

http://www.whitefalconry.co.uk/courses.php
Thanks Helen, but he is on the Isle of Wight? Never mind though, there are a few falconers up here. Cheers.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes, looks like he's actually based there, BUT, he was Scottish so I assumed he maybe lived in Scotland and kept his birds there and only did this during the summer kind of thing. Taught me then hasn't it, never assume! Lol!
Rafiki
New Member!
Male 

13-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi Mobli
I don't intend any insult here,but you firstly need to determine what you want the bird to do.If it's hunting,what prey and sex?Flying to the fist & lure is another option (demos).Dont consider small birds,too easily killed.I live in a big pheasant area,my bird doesn't take them.All down to training and the relationship you have with your bird.They can be called off a chase.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks Rafiki for all the advice. Really, as I say, I think it is just a dream and not something I will pursue, but am happy to watch other people fly their birds and also to hear their stories.
Rafiki
New Member!
Male 

14-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Hang on to your dreams Moobli.Perhaps one day dreams come true.Nice talking to you,take care.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3