View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Lol TW....it is he who is taking me!!! Picking me up at 8.30!!! He likes to go before it gets too busy...we get there, buy our stuff and are leaving as itgets dead busy, funny how it seemed huge when I was a kid but isn't actually that big. I looked in sainsburys the other day for those pills...saw none, if I get to savers I will have a look for you.
Hmmm not seen Drs today but I can see it ending in disaster, that boy is such an eejit!! I am really missing red rock
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Friend rang me from HER Asda, and there are shelves of them, so must be my Asda. They have had no ox liver for the past 2 weeks, lots of things I get, i.e. the big yorkshire puds with beef or chicken in, are no longer on the shelves. I am thinking of going to the larger Asda at Burnden Park, there is a Home Bargains next to it so will still be able to get most of my shopping there. They changed the carpark so you could get in from my end, but you now have to go out the other side, and it then involves a drive round to get back to where I would normally come out, all in all the only thing that is now convenient about it is its location, nothing on the shelves that I want to buy, and there is less each time I go in.
Red Rock is apparently the Eire version of Coronation Street, so I think we'll be seeing more of it, so far they've shown 40 episodes I think and there are 124 episodes been made.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Good afternoon everyone - good to hear that boilers are at last working as proscribed and that pain killers up Bolton way are once again plentiful.
What's not so good is Griff's doc and his less than wonderful prognosis, please try not to let it get you down Griff as Harvey says they are coming up with new things all the time in the med profession, so it's finger's crossed for a magic pill or summat along those lines - to get you all ship shape and Bristol fashion once again. Things could of course be worse - the Doc could have been a relative of the dreaded Bulgarian kitchen fitter, currently making Moyra's life a misery. If that had been the case I doubt he would even know where to stick his thermometer.
Good news from my end as regards hospitals. Manchester Royal now don't need to see me for 3 months, but are going to press on with plans for a transplant, whereas my local hospital has signed me off and are quite happy to hand my treatment over to MRI. So a decent result all round, they seem to think I will be a suitable recipient for a few spare parts! lol ! So from now on it's just wait and see.
Dogs have not been too keen on Dad going missing a couple of times in one day - would love to be able to tell what they are thinking! Anything that is out of the ordinary seems to unsettle them, all except Danger Curls, who just has a mad 2 mins of barking and running round in circles on my return, then gets back to business as usual.
Just taking the lot of them out for a tootle about, will be back later, bye fer now. G.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Oh LG those dogs of yours adore you. I do hope all goes well. The Bulgaria n turned up about 12.3o. I now have a flooring of mock wood effect. The washing machine is back in position and I tested it out. The cooker is back in place but not tried that yet. Was hoping Steve would get on with the rest of the tiling and get the fridge and fridge freezer back in place but no he is spaced out and going to darts again tonight so having said that I shall be off t bed early again tonight; It's the only way to keep my sanity! God bless all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Anything that is out of the ordinary seems to unsettle them,
We were just saying the exact same thing Dogs just love routine, it doesn't matter what that involves as long as they do the same thing at the same time everyday.

I swear that Casey can tell the time, he's a goofy old fool but he sure as hell knows when it's time for his walk Further more he is an expert on my choice of clothing, if I put my jeans on that means I am going out and he wants to come
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Yay for you LG....would gladly donate a kidney but mine are crap and bleed all the while lol. Dogs are funny little things, mine have a good old bark when my parents come in but are quiet with me
Moyra, pleased the floor is down at least
TW, been to savers got you 2packs...will post next week
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Griff, thank you. Not on emergency rations and nationwide searches as yet, very good of you indeed. I am sure there is something going amiss at my local Asda, far too many things are disappearing from the shelves for a good while, then back, but out of stock almost immediately, I mean how can a store thats part of such a massive organisation run out of own brand bleach every week for over a monthI can guarantee if I go in mid week there they'll be, on Friday (my shopping day) there won't be one. I use their thin bleach for the yard, domestos and the like are too expensive.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Steve has flagged out on his bed, too tired even for his darts by the look of things. Not sure if he is home to work on the kitchen over the weekend but certainly the Bulgarian is not coming in until Monday.; Why should I worry there are millions in the world worse off than me....................doesn't help me though to cope Who wants a lounge full to the brink with kitchen stuff and no room to sit down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Moyra, living in a house while work is undertaken is a nightmare....let alone when a part time work man is involved....our bathroom is driving me mad lol
TW, do you have a Wilko?? Would their own brand stuff be any good for the yard?
Had the girls out for their run, now will go and have a shower and wash my hair and try to decide what I want to wear tomorrow...best check the weather forecast
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2016, 07:19 PM
There is a Wilko,but its in the centre of Bolton, and by the time I've paid for parking I could have bought 10 bottles of cheap bleach!!!
Just annoying in a supermarket thats part of a nationwide chain, they can't seem to keep thin bleach in regular stock, plus other day to day items. Definitely going to go to the Burnden Park one and see if its any different as regards stock.
I give the girls Vit E every morning, thats not been in stock for weeks, anyway the stuff in savers is cheaper. Since the car park was made less acessible to people I know several that have gone over to home delivery and a couple that go elsewhere, whoever is running that branch needs a slap
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >