Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Had a visit this morning to the doc's for test results etc and it seems that I'm ticking over nicely at the mo'.
Good news, long may it continue.

By the way, reference your remarks the other day about the weather where you are. It occured to me that you have the best of both worlds, remote and away from pesky people when you want to be, yet within driving distance of (what some say is the best choice) of Chinese restaurants in the country.

In our former life we had the beautiful solitude in abundance but any Chinese meal (Never mind a good one) was a 120 mile round trip for us so (hardly surprising) we never indulged
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Once I get started on it I'll be fine, I've got a mental block about it, but almost through it now.
Good for you June, I think you are dealing with it very well. I hope you'll be using some nice bright colours and a jazzy carpet and also make use of the room in some way because I think that will help to banish the memories.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Hope you've all had a good day. Had a bit of a late night and Casey woke me early He's outside in his mobile kennel but he can get in, he just forgets how sometimes. Not the brightest dog in the world but so loveable
See you all tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Gnasher, I hope your brother continues to do well and stick 2 fingers up at that awful disease
LG, pleased to hear you are doing well...also hope that continues for a long while
Harvey, from what I can gather, his dad was never about and his step dad was horrible to him, he doesn't really say much and I don't like to pry, I thought he would tell me stuff if he wanted, truth is I will never know now
TW, I wish I was closer, I would like to help you sort your room out so you can try to heal yourself....I have discovered some humans are disgusting individuals but I feel for you and Moyra as they are your own flesh and blood
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Thank you Griff. I do need someone to get me by the scruff of my neck and say right Do it NOW I know once I get painting then I will be on a roll, its just that first step
Hoping its a dry day tomorrow then girls can get a run round, they've been in most of the day.
Feels really warm here tonight, went out to check them, and there's Zen by the back door. Took her to bed, whether she's stayed there is another matter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2016, 10:45 PM
You will get there TW...I promise
When we came back from training the temp thing said 12.5 degrees!!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the good wishes folks.
Hope Casey lets you have a bit of a lie in the morning Harvey - by way of an apology for getting you up early today.
That decorating will come good eventually June and when it does it will help wash away some of the bad memories.
griff - get you - 12.5 degrees is positively showing off. It is like walking around in an ice cold shower here, the mist is freezing cold and sticks to everything leaving you and the dogs soaked through. Oh well! Only 7 months to spring! lol !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Its still dry here LG, feeling quite warm as well. Dry day some of tomorrow so will get girls out for a gallop and go for shavings and LPG whilst I'm still mobile
Wondering about getting some heavy duty plastic sheeting and putting it over the top of the little kennel as am so worried about having to go through another winter using it. I
am so cross about it not getting replaced when I had started on the project in the summer.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Thank you Griff. I do need someone to get me by the scruff of my neck and say right Do it NOW I know once I get painting then I will be on a roll, its just that first step
Hoping its a dry day tomorrow then girls can get a run round, they've been in most of the day.
Feels really warm here tonight, went out to check them, and there's Zen by the back door. Took her to bed, whether she's stayed there is another matter.
Darling Juney ... Do it ... !!! If you would like, I could give you a hand when I come up to see you. I am seeing Occupational Health today and have high hopes of being signed back to work so will arrange some time off and come and see you - I have oodles of holiday I will have to take before March 2017 else I will lose it so more than happy to come and see you once I have received this insurance payout I am waiting for

I have happy memories of that lovely room, having stayed in there, so more than happy to help to restore it to its former glory
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3