View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2008, 06:25 PM
If it is his kidneys, flushing them through can only help him.
They can do scans to look at his kidneys, to look for any problems, has the vet carried any out? They can see if there is any type of damage or disease present.

Also blood test will tell you if it is kidney problems. It would give you a clearer picture of what the problem is your facing.
Are you sure he hasn't had some type of head injury? Falling over or not able to walk sounds more neurological to me.
Unless it is a side effect to one of the drugs hes had.
I hope he improves, he's been through alot for such a little dog.I really hope he finds the strength to fight.
arwrestling
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Well the falling over is due to weakness... He hasn't eaten in a week. Blood tests show it must be kidney related as whatever shows that stuff was extremely high... They're still pushing IVs to try adn get them to work properly on their own, so we'll see...

Chances are though that if that doesn't work tomorrow, we'll have to make a serious decision on Friday... And it isn't something I'm looking forward to... I'm praying some kind of miracle happens tonight and he shows real signs of improvement. I haven't slept in days and I'm exhausted but I'm still praying and hoping that my baby will be ok......

That's about all we can do at this point, is pray...
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 05:28 AM
he should go back to the vet,thats not normal after that surgery sounds like he needs more or different antibiotics
I would take him ASAP XXX
arwrestling
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes. Stanley has actually been at the vet's since Tuesday, on IV therapy.

However, as much as it hurts to say and as unfair as life can be sometimes, Stanley passed away this morning. A lot of tears were shed this week and will be shed for a long time, but his suffering is finally over.

He was loved so much and I had no idea you can love a dog as much as we loved him. He will be missed forever and will always hold a special place in my heart. He was my baby.

I am happy he did not die alone, my mom was holding him in her arms and I was petting him under the neck and around the ears, and he was staring at me. He knew he was loved and just could not fight anymore. And we could not bear to see him suffer anymore. Plus he died with a smile on his face, so I know he is at peace and happy, wherever he is.

I'm at peace with it and I know he is in a better place. He was not around for a long time, but he was loved more than many dogs will ever get the opportunity to feel. He was king of this household that's for sure...

Stanley
12 december 2004 - 21 february 2008

I love you puppy.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry you lost stanley.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Hello AR , I am so sorry to hear about little Stanley it's amazing isn't it how a tiny little dog can have such an impact on our lives...

Thinking of you and sharing your sadness.. xx
Sleep in peace Stanley..
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 10:44 PM
so sad, he was obviously a sweet little thing whom you loved very much.. thinking of you... x
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear about poor Stanley. My thoughts are with you.

Warm hugs to you.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 10:25 AM
So sorry to hear of your tragic loss run free little Stanley, at peace and free from pain x x x x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3