View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Just chased up the footpath issue as not had a call back yet. Apparently it is due to the flooding.
The young man I spoke to today has said they cannot do anything about the geese but to ring 101 the police will deal it. Will they do they not have better things to do ???? So anyway someone will call and go and take a look but at the present they are busy.
Paul, Beth and the children got chased Sunday and Paul and Beth got chased again today.
Might go up there with Dillon and Gorden at the weekend and take a big stick to ward them off. Don't worry I won't hit them but just let them know not to try it on with me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Mmmmm sounds like the runaround to me Lynn. I think the council has to take action against him as regards geese or any other domestic livestock that were attacking people. If it were dogs it wouldn't be the police, they'd put you onto the Environmental department. I think ringing 101 and making a complaint about the geese and how very scared people are and they are attacking young children would be a good move in the dossier so to speak, but don't expect anything to happen. I wouldn't, personally, go anywhere near those geese, because if you do have a stick with you then next minute you are damaging his property, then guess who'll end up in a police cell, and it won't be the geese and it won't be the numbnuts who is escalating this. Stick to the book, everything documented, relevant authorities contacted etc. Also send an email to the department you spoke to reiterating the conversation you had with them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Blooming man everything was fine till he moved in. Maybe one of needs to be brave enough to get attacked then we could have him surely ?
Honestly the lad sounded about 10 and as for saying ring the police well I am sure they have better things to do.
Maybe as suggested on a website puff yourself up and honk back if there is enough noise he may come out to investigate then I can tell him if anyone or any dogs get injured we will be reporting it to the authorities.
Or creep up in the dark and get one for the freezer for Christmas. I jest of course.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Nippy, don't be daft...i don't think your post is me,me,me.....i think you are fabulous and love hearing about what you have been up to and love seeing your beautiful garden
June, i really hope you can get young Zen sorted.....hopefully it ill pass as quick as it arrived
Lynn, ring the police...for geese....seriously Lol your house gets robbed and they don't have the resources to deal with that!!!! so yeah errrrr geese top priority! what a nob!
Harvey, hope you had a nice lunch.......right, your mission will be one day this year you HAVE to go to a carvery!!! your little sis has spoken!
Sue, pleased you have had a good day
did i miss anyone? i hope not!
well i am back, we went for lunch at a chinese buffet and i had some soup...salad and onion rings, poor Steve...his face was a picture and he kept saying can you have this? can you have that and me going no, it has fish in it, no it has eggs in it Lol we went on our first shopping trip, we were looking for a lamp for him but he couldn't find what he wanted. We are going out next saturday as he is on a week of nights, i have just text him to say thankyou for a nice day and i thought i best ask if it bothers him that i am ill and said i expected him to run a mile (i probably would)...it never occured to me that it might bother anyone...was dreading the response but this is what i got back..."your welcome and you being ill doesn't bother me, it does worry me you being ill obviously as i don't want anything happening to you"....i nearly flipping cried...he is too good to be true that one Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Sounds like you had a good time griff and Steve sounds nice.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Lynn use a quick opening umbrella.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Oooh good idea griff hadn't thought of that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Aw what a lovely thing to say,Griff. Very happy for you and hope it all goes well for you forever.
Lynn, you need to ring the 101 number, then it will go on record about your complaint, in the fullness of time it will help you. Make sure other people do the same thing, keep on at the council. Did you get the name of the person you initially spoke to that was so helpful, if you did always ask for them in future, if they aren't available leave a message asking them to call back, make a record of every message and every phone call and what it was about and what was the result of the phone call.
A friend of mine has given me the name of Nick Thompson, Holistic Vet, who I knew about. She's saying email him, was looking at his site, and have found that the vets local to me, that I binned years ago, mainly due to the attitude of their receptionists actually (still waiting for the promised call back 7 years ago), are homeopathic vets. Wondering about registering Zen there and taking her to him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Good idea about the brolly brenda, will scare them but do no harm, like the water pistols and cats
TW, i have heard the name Nick Thompon...he is very highly thought of
I hope i will have Steve in my life for a long time...who the heck would have thought i would ever say that Lol, i just want to look after him....which i actually find quite disturbing Lol, we will see where it goes but if things don't work out, i would like it to finish on friendly terms so i would always have him as a mate at the least
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 04:04 PM
He sounds too good to be true actually, but thats my sceptical self speaking. You both need someone special to care for and happy you found each other, Griff
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >