View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear about Loki. Good to hear he is feeling better now.
I think animals know instinctively what helps them in the way of grasses and some flowers so maybe thats what Loki was doing seeking something he needed.
Ollie the other morning was sleeping then he got up rushed out into the garden and started eating some weeds and a weed that has sticky stems to it and grass he wasn't sick but then settled again.
He often eats grass but I have never known him to eat other things before so was a bit worried and kept a watch on him but all seemed fine, so he must of known what he was doing. Rare for Ollie.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Hope you've had a peaceful night LS and that Loki is brighter this morning. I couldn't stop thinking about him last night xxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear about Loki. Good to hear he is feeling better now.
I think animals know instinctively what helps them in the way of grasses and some flowers so maybe thats what Loki was doing seeking something he needed.
Ollie the other morning was sleeping then he got up rushed out into the garden and started eating some weeds and a weed that has sticky stems to it and grass he wasn't sick but then settled again.
He often eats grass but I have never known him to eat other things before so was a bit worried and kept a watch on him but all seemed fine, so he must of known what he was doing. Rare for Ollie.
Hi Lynn do you mean Goose grass with the little sticky bobbles and stems , my neighbour's two Whippets eat this a lot. It contains some compounds that have antibacterial qualities and it used to be used in a poultice to treat leg ulcers.

It may be that with their remarkable sense of smell dogs can sniff out various compounds that are beneficial to their digestion and general well being.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Lynn do you mean Goose grass with the little sticky bobbles and stems , my neighbour's two Whippets eat this a lot. It contains some compounds that have antibacterial qualities and it used to be used in a poultice to treat leg ulcers.

It may be that with their remarkable sense of smell dogs can sniff out various compounds that are beneficial to their digestion and general well being.
Not sure if thats what it was, it has quite broad leaves and the whole plant is sticky didn't notice any bobbles. I have pulled it up now as I try not to keep weeds prefer the flowers.
Interesting about the antibacterial properties, I am sure they know what they doing most of the time.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for all your lovely thoughts guys. He had a peaceful night and is now waiting for his walk. I wonder what will be on the menu this morning - a daisy or two? My roses? Thank you.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks for all your lovely thoughts guys. He had a peaceful night and is now waiting for his walk. I wonder what will be on the menu this morning - a daisy or two? My roses? Thank you.
Great news LS. Enjoy your walkxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3