View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-12-2007, 11:00 AM
So sorry that it did not work out Gill, knowyou are struggling, but think even then this is one you are better off without. Prayng and hoping something will turn up for you soon.

Lots of comforting hugs . Thinking of you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I have to agree, I think they filled the position in-house before you even sat in the office!

Never mind, keep searching, you're fully qualified you WILL find something. I still can't understand the situation over there when they're crying out for accountants down in the SE UK. Maybe consider a move??? I know you'll say you can't afford to move, but you do have a house you can sell, and then maybe rent for a while whilst you're in work?? Don't know, it's very difficult, but you can't wait another 7 months for an interview with nothing on offer over there can you? All the best.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Loadsa jobs there, well done Zoby!!!!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds like you would'nt have liked it any way so maybe some one up there is actually looking after you...something will turn up, I'll say a wee prayer for you tonight ((cuddles ))
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh B*gg*r Gill they don't know wht they are missing obviously.

Don't let the B*gg*rs grind you down & keep the faith You never know what life has in store Something good has got to happen soon
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Agree with the rest Gill, this wasn't down to you. I also think this job was filled before you ever arrived. I know it's hard to be positive, I've been there myself. When I moved to the U.K. it took me 18 months to secure a job of any time and then it was bar work which was not what I was looking for. When I finally did get a job more up my street, they couldn't believe I'd been looking as long as I had. Keep looking and take a deep breath. xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry thing sdidn't turn out how you expected but I agree with the others I think they had already filled their vacancy and was just going through the motions because you had turned up!
Big Hugs.
Becky
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Either the others are right about the job having been pre-filled, or there's a great similarity to Orkney employers, who will consider only "Uncle Willie's lass" - i.e. rank nepotism, polished up with complete ignorance.

Snorri
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I still can't understand the situation over there when they're crying out for accountants down in the SE UK. Maybe consider a move??? I know you'll say you can't afford to move, but you do have a house you can sell, and then maybe rent for a while whilst you're in work?? Don't know, it's very difficult, but you can't wait another 7 months for an interview with nothing on offer over there can you?
Oh really? I LEFT the SE UK as I hated it there and would never go back, too many bad memories too. I much prefer Ireland and want to stay here. I have absolutely nothing to go back to.
I have a part-complete house but I can't sell it, not until 2014 at least and because it is part complete I can't rent it either. Even if I could, it would be trashed.
Regarding job websites, I use all those mentioned and another two. I am limited by location (commutable distance by car) and believe me, I apply for anything remotely suitable including non-accountancy posts. In 90% of cases, I never hear another thing or the Agency rings to tell me that the one I have applied for has gone (ie never existed) and all they have is in Dublin.

Snorri, you're absolutely right.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >