Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I agree with all the comments above. How many on here remember that English football player (Was it Lincoln City) who went into a field and stabbed a horse to death in order to get 'even' with someone he had a dispute with

And the American player (Either baseball or American football) who was running an illegal dog fighting ring, and breeding dogs to fight. Was sacked from his team but I read he is now back in the sport.

But the sporting media are so powerful these types of incidents are quickly covered up and most people forget.
That player was named Michael Vick. An NFL quarterback. He played for the Atlanta Falcons (I'm from and still reside in, Atlanta). He beat, drowned, electrocuted, shot, and strangled dogs that lost or didn't satisfy him. Sad...

He funded a huge dog fighting ring, and lied saying he had nothing to do with it. He was quickly found guilty (rats) of animal abuse and bankrolling the operation. The fighting ring wasn't here though, it (and many dead and injured dogs) was found in his home state of Virginia.

He was sentenced to serve 23 months in jail. He served 19. Animal abuse carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in jail. The jail time was not for hurting the dogs, but for funding the operation and attempting to lie about it.

The feds care little about the dogs, it was the money that made them mad. Our team released him. He declared bankruptcy after leaving the halfway house.

He later joined the Philadelphia Eagles as a felon (yeah, right... as if any other high paying job would hire a felon), where he still resides. His career since then has been loaded with injuries and lately... rather poor play from him. Karma is biting his a$$ and I'm sure the same will happen for this guy.

He now personally owns another dog, a Belgian Malinois and is joining with humane societies left and right and spewing about how he was wrong. He's also written an autobiography about all of it, said to be released in Sept.

Like a year ago, there was only one.. ONE person serving federal jail time for dog fighting/cruelty to animals in our entire state, and there is a LOT of dogfighting... so says enough about that.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I should think so to.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3