register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2016, 07:06 PM
That is a great gift you have there Griff, but you do a lot for your dad one way and another, look how patient you weare over the Range Rover saga
Seem to have been running round all day today, got some of the girls on the river today and took Cariad and Keshi for a walk round, then the rest had a lovely time running in and out of the water and swimming, playing with the ball and digging in the sand that was dumped in The Flood.
Noticed the front tyre on the drivers side of my car looked flatter than the others, so took it off to the tyre place for it to be checked. Lad looked at it and pointed out it was pretty worn,Oh Dear, they have ordered a new one for me and put my spare on for me. They are lovely at that place, I always go there because unlike the Bathstore, their customer service is excellent, little one man business but does so well in the area.
Very dull and cold here, not rained, but the wind is cutting.
I doubt this woman lost the key you know Griff, probably kept it back in case she needs it one day, horrid thought, but she sounds a right parasite.
I have been wondering about LG but did notice he has posted on other threads, so maybe just us eh
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Oh God TW, please don't mntion Range Rovers....he found one he wanted, blue, cream leather interior, low mileage..sorted...to get LPG fitted it is 1800+vat for a decent system at our fitters, so combine that with the cost of the car, and the insurance and tax it is getting ridiculous (plus i didn't like the wheels so they have to be changed) he has now said.........he will stick with the car he has!!!!!!!! i could murder him at times Lol.
TW, i think sometimes it is better to deal with small business...in the majority, they won't rip you off as they want your repeat business and good word of mouth
Hmmm Yeah, i think we must of upset his Lordship...deary me, i miss the grumpy devil (he does make me laugh) i must admit i have been a bit lacking on the D.A.D front lately..i keep falling asleep Lol all this getting up early to take delivery of parcels is doing my head in
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Completely forgot about Harvey and the Dire Rear, Griff is completely correct, I discovered generic immodium quite by accident one New Year, and although not had recourse to it very often, I am completely confident in recommending it
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Evening All -
Sorry if my absence has been misconstrued as having the hump! lol ! I'm afraid you'll have to try much harder if you want to upset me!!!
Have been very busy at home, although I have been catching up late in the evening (well early morning mostly) only posted once and it was about somebody's dog having ID Cysts, thought it was urgent enough to warrant an immediate reply - even if it was in the wee small hours. I see the poster has since taken the dog to a vet and all is now progressing much better.
The Mem has been doing a bit of late lambing for friends, so she has been up to her eyeballs in vaccines and iodine spray. The spray works wonderfully on baby lamb's umbelicals but cracks the hands of my other half and leaves them looking as if she smokes 60 a day! lol ! So rather obviously - not her favourite bit of the job. Though she is still vastly enamoured of the little woolly beggars. Returns home tired out but extremely happy - so well worth it from my point of view! lol !
Best wishes to all four and two legged folks, back later, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, TW, swears by the human diarrhoea tablets....imodium but generic brand..i get mine from wilko for about 50p, i guess you will need to head to tesco or the late night chemist... so you just need their own brand version, don't (i am sure you know this bit already) say it's for a dog
Thanks Sis
Also the note about who it's for, I'd like to think I wouldn't but will make sure now
Don't think we have any late night chemists although TESCO in Thetford is open 24 hours but I won't be going there tonight. Roy our friendly handman refers to Thetford as the Beiruit of East Anglia

On our second walk this afternoon his pooh was a bit better, not good but much better than this morning.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Griff is completely correct, I discovered generic immodium quite by accident one New Year, and although not had recourse to it very often, I am completely confident in recommending it
That's good enough for me Sorry to be a dumbo but is immodium the brand name or the active ingredient
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Its Loperamide Harvey, Immodium is the brand name. If you go in Home Bargains you'll find their own brand in there next to Immodium, but it only costs 50p for 6 tablets rather than 4 times that price!!!
LG, good to know you are OK and we haven't upset your delicate sensibilities in anyway
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Evening Harvey - I,ve used gereric immodium for years on my lot works a treat, always keep a couple of packets in my "dog cupboard". Can recommend it.
Made me chuckle - your mention of Thetford! Used to drink in the "Green Dragon" there years ago, when we were on exercise at Thorpe Hall. I aquired some monumental hangovers from that place! Chuckle!!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
My dad got me a fold up exercise bike....
Just opened the link and well impressed. Hope it does what you want and on the top floor you can turn the volume up and just go for miles I think secretly Dad likes your car advice, sort of gives him someone to bounce ideas off, we all need someone like that but it doesn't often turn out to be ones daughter
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Evening Harvey - I,ve used gereric immodium for years on my lot works a treat, always keep a couple of packets in my "dog cupboard". Can recommend it.
Made me chuckle - your mention of Thetford! Used to drink in the "Green Dragon" there years ago, when we were on exercise at Thorpe Hall. I aquired some monumental hangovers from that place! Chuckle!!!!!
Well that makes three Will keep you all informed on progress. The Green Dragon is still there I believe but being new to the area I haven't visited it. We have a pub undergoing extensive renovation just around the corner from us and if they will allow Rianna and Casey inside I might find that preferable
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >