View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Oh no brenda its horrible isn't it ? With rest mine stayed 2 days I have been left with a slight cold but nothing major.
Feel well soon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 02:38 PM
I hardly got any bones last week,they were all gone by Friday, the bags were full of trimmings, which I won't feed. I picked out the bigger meatier ones and bagged and froze them, so they did them for one lunchtime as well, rest of the time they had chicken drumsticks or raw carrot.
Needed to go, so have got back in one piece. Very windy, my car was being blown sideways, heavy rain, very dark and some idiots were still driving without lights and overtaking, I trundled at 50 mph and came off before the high level bridge and went past the Trafford Centre and back on again. On the way home I came off just before the high level bridge and stayed on the roads and got home slower but safer!!!
Thank goodness I made it back, very scary out there indeed
Brenda and Moyra, maybe its some sort of bug doing the rounds, keep warm and Moyra put the gas fire on please.
1cd, I know its really bad in Scotland, we're sub tropical compared to whats happening up there and hope you don't get the worst of this stuff coming over from America, I think we have the sides of it down here as its nasty but manageable with care.
Oooh well done Lynn, you have earned the afternoon off now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Glad your back June and hope the trip was worth it this week.
Finished. Apart from decorating that will be a while yet.
Used some of the bookshelves for flooring over the dodgy floorboards and merchant chest in place took almost all the books in the drawers. When I pop out later this week will have to get a nice side lamp for now have borrowed the one from the spare room.
We need some sort of soft lighting on there as it is a very small landing and your on the stairs before you know it.
Having a well earned glass of red and that's me done now except for Dilln's tea and mine.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Well done Lynn, don't overdo things though. Also well done June getting the bone run done safely. I hope the spoils were better this week. I got Amber out lunchtime just as it was turning foul, soon after I got in from a very blowy walk it pelted down and now it is nearly time to go out into it again, not looking forward to it. Fortunately Amber didn't want to be out long in it lunch time so was quick to do the necessary and we got back fairly quickly, hope she is as keen to get back again this afternoon. I have turkey curry for my dinner tonight, his lordship doesn't want any so it might do me two days, should keep the cold out.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2016, 04:03 PM
A breezy good day to everyone. Bit blowy up here just hope we don't get any snow to go with it. That curry will keep the cold out Moyra. No use recommending it to June though, as if I remember correctly, she hates the stuff.
At least you have the bone run over with for the week June, hopefully it'll be more use than last weeks lot.
Have to get the Mem to negotiate the tricky process of ordering some Thornit, on line, haven't a hope in hell of managing it myself. Fagin's scratching an ear, can't see anything but a dose of that stuff usually sorts out anything like that.
Scout went out with her potential new mum again this morning and had a two hour walk without any incidents - she is due to go and spend a couple of hours at her cottage on Thursday. So fingers crossed! lol !
Back later folks have a good rest of day, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Enjoy the curry Moyra sounds delicious.
Afternoon Gordon can't beat thornit hope the mem succeeds with the ordering. Sure she will
Fingers crossed no snow for you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Poor you Brenda try and stay warm

You have been busy Lynn but it sounds as though it will look very good once decorated,

Pleased you survived the bone run June.

I am sure the mem will sort out your oder Gordon. I find thornit very good too.

Hopefully Amber didn't stay out too long for your Moyra

Its good news for you Mandy that you are now better.

Went out quickly this afternoon. Got a phone call from the optician that Barry's glasses were ready for collection any time after two so made him walk up with Teazle and I. Unfortunately it started to rain as soon as we left so he wasn't a happy person by the time he got home Mind you if we had taken the car by the time we had found somewhere to park it would still have been quite long walk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Oh Sue making poor Barry walk to get his glasses and in the rain too. Hope he has forgiven you.
Meant to say Gordon sounds like things are progressing in the right direction with DC and your friend.

Sue that cupboard has been bugging me since we moved here doors that didn't shut properly they came off pronto. Been itching to get the rest of the frame down and the bookshelf out which was quite rubbish wood.
Judging by the plasterboard walls I think it was part of the front bedroom so was the bathroom. If that's the case it was once a lovely large bedroom.
In my opinion they would of been better leaving the downstairs bathroom in putting a window on the front and making 3 bedrooms.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2016, 05:00 PM
You've had a very productive day, Lynn, maybe you can make it look a little better than it was by the time you're done.
The spoils were worth having today, got enough to last us through the week and some lamb ribs and necks for their tea one night, plus some dinosaur bones for their tea another night, still got 3 bags of venison necks and a bag of chicken carcasses for tea already in the freezer, so they won't starve anytime soon. Had a really good hose down outside, beds sorted and fresh down, they were dry as well, apart from the odd wet patch but didn't end up throwing it all away as I have been doing. Just finished the bale I started last Monday, so thats more like it.
Came in and hoovered up,need to mop, but back hurting now. Have bunged up the hose of the hoover again, its shavings more than likely, so I'll flush it through tomorrow, it worked last time and hoover has been very enthusiastic since then, but I have overwhelmed the poor thing.
I am settled with a brew and a packet of shortbread fingers to see what The Chase has to offer.
Wonderful DC is behaving herself, long may it last and they bond well together.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Glad the outcome of your bone run was good June. Gordon glad Scout's outing today went well, I think she is going to settle in well with your friend.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >