View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you to each and everyone....and of course Chris and Elaine for thier efforts yesterday.

She has no manners as yet and finds tugging your trouser leg as you walk a wonderful game, even if your skin is in her mouth (OUCH) she is mad about a ball and is playing with one as we speak...waiting for trouble from Bruce who is taking it from her....errrrrrrrr watching him folks.

Just taking Reah to have her claws clipped and then taking Bruce and Skye out so they can have a bit of space
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Awww so pleased for you Steph. Congrats on your new addition
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Congratulations

As you've already said, I'm sure it was meant to be. Lovely to hear that Reah has taken her 'under her wing' (not that that is a surprise) and I'm really looking forward to following her progress

PS - I think she suites the name Tess perfectly
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well as some of you may know we were always looking for a 4th dog, but we had decided that another collie wouldn't be it but we would look for a JRT.
Well fate as always poked her nose... and Liverbird contacted me via pm about a Collie pup that was in the pound in Derby,(photos attached).
We we rang the pound they told us that they had been swopping her kennels and name as they only have a 7 day policy as its council strays and they didn't want her to be taken to be PTS as the rescues were full.
I went over yesterday and got her....thank you to Elaineb's husband Chris who kindly offered to come over from Runcorn and take me as Pat was working, it took us ages to find the place but nevertheless we did, and Chris and Elaine were on the road from 8.30 till 7.30 last night when they got home

The transition is still in process, Skye being the one who's being a moody c*w but then we knew that would be the case.
Bruce is baring teeth and growling but he isn't doing anything and because Tess (thats what we called her)knows this she is trying to instigate play.
Reah has taken it all in her stride and last night the sleeping arrangements were Reah and Tess on the quilt in the kitchen, Bruce had the chair in the living room and we kept Skye with us, incase our FS got up in the night and opened any doors. The night went peaceful not a sound
She has worked out that if she gets behind Reah when Skye is being a mare.....one long low growl from Reah, usually works and she is safe to stay where she is so that didn't take long for her to know her allies
She isn't house trained but picked up really quick the word wee and when we go out I say it and she complies (fabby) over night I had one poo and one wee by the back door.
She is fine with the cats and visa-versa and the chickens/furries etc.,
And last but not least she is HUGE in size, she has legs like tree trunks her muscles are bulging like Mike Tyson, and she is built like a tank.

So I know Elaine popped up some pics of her asking you to guess who's dogs but I will pop up some more.

So welcome Tess
alls well that ends well eh Steph.
that council pound is really good not a bit like the one we have here in Birkenhead
I first heard about Tess through a friend who is a volunteer dog walker there and she was getting a bit worried that Tess might be taken by the warden soon because their Kennels were starting to fill up making it more difficult to swop Tess around, I contacted Steph and the rest is history. so thank you Steph and by taking Tess it has meant poor Melissa the St Bernard cross can exchange kennels for another weeks grace
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 02:51 PM
What a sucker you are YS!! She is a cracker though!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Well the update so far is Skye is settling...abit
Tess has jumped on her twice and only got one nip and the next time a warning....thankful for small mercies

We took her out with the others in the car and she is happy to seat on the back seat to watch where we're all going LOL, we took her to a freinds place(small holding) where she could safely run up and down a large field, ball chasing seems a favourite with this baby too. She has made a mental note not to run after Skye's ball though and as the other two went swimming she sat happily on the side and watched....water a no no upto now. She has seen a horse and rub noses (Reah showed her how) and she then ran off to see what the goat was upto, but made a wise choice not to go too close.
The long grass was a favourite past-time and playing hide and seek seemed to get her so excited but she is far from gentle when she dives out at you...little s*d, and grabbing the back of your ankles is a real pest.
She has just got the hang of her name and will come for it and has found that racing around with a plastic bottle gets people chasing her for it....little monkey

Now she is sound alseep..............peace at last
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Awwwwwwww welldone Steph and Pat will go and find her pics now!! Lucky baby to have you two as Mummy and Daddy, good ole Reah too!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Ohhh how lovely! Such lovely news

Looking forward to hearing how she settles in
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2010, 04:02 PM
CONGRATS on the new addition
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Welcome Tess, Always nice to hear a happy ending!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >