Female 

23-03-2007, 01:09 PM
BIG sam isn't the man i think we will have to bring a non english man in
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Joking apart... you need an English Manager.. IMO.. but I honestly don't see many who could do the job... and thats not me having a dig... Big Sam apart I don't see anyone that could hack it
I am honestly not fuss if the next boss is english or not, i would like him to be but i dont think its a necessity. But we should go for someone who has a proven record, will command the respect of the players and will not be affraid to drop under preforming players. McClearan did this with beckham and fair enough but still continued with lampard.

I have said before sven was a poor choice but to replace him with his number 2 when a new approch was needed was one of the most idiotic things i have heard.

Dont get me started on fat sam as i will be here all day.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Problem is not with the manager.. well it is but.... bigger problem is with the players... great players England have... but most are too far up their own ar**s and not willing to roll their sleeves up for the team.... Also and I'm not trying to offend.. but England are thier own worst enemy when they have the world cups/Euros won every time they win a game.. they set themselves up for a fall. They need to shut up, roll the sleeves up and then I believe they could win sommat.....

But if I'm honest.. I'm quite happy with them as they are
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:24 PM
OK Seriously - If I can't clone Fergie then how about.....

Terry Butcher
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
OK Seriously - If I can't clone Fergie then how about.....

Terry Butcher
Have you been drinking?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Problem is not with the manager.. well it is but.... bigger problem is with the players... great players England have... but most are too far up their own ar**s and not willing to roll their sleeves up for the team.... Also and I'm not trying to offend.. but England are thier own worst enemy when they have the world cups/Euros won every time they win a game.. they set themselves up for a fall. They need to shut up, roll the sleeves up and then I believe they could win sommat.....

But if I'm honest.. I'm quite happy with them as they are
I agree with the bit about the players, they seem to to be arsed when playing for england as they dont get paid.

I think its only natrual to expect us to win with the players we have but we do go overboard.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Have you been drinking?
Not today !

I think he'd give us a bit of spine and pride. Any idiot can pick an England team it's all about what you can get out of them that matters.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Not today !

I think he'd give us a bit of spine and pride. Any idiot can pick an England team it's all about what you can get out of them that matters.
I know what you mean about spine, but the idiot can pick an england team i dont, cos we let sven pick and look what he did. I know a lot of people dislike him but i think martin o neil could do a job, but he wont be a yes man to the fa so i think thats unlikely.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I know what you mean about spine, but the idiot can pick an england team i dont, cos we let sven pick and look what he did. I know a lot of people dislike him but i think martin o neil could do a job, but he wont be a yes man to the fa so i think thats unlikely.
I was just thinking English though

Steve Coppell ?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 01:52 PM
I was just thinking English though

Steve Coppell ?
Still inexpeirience imo, i also dont think there is and englishman with the quality for the job at the minute.

If we do go with an english manager i think they should work along side with venables or bobby robson
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >