View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Thank Twix, keep warm. I am about to take Amber out again in the next half hour. It has been a lovely day here but oh so very cold.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Tried Cariad and Lona on a pigs head (half each) years ago and they wouldn't look at it. I also got a bag of very deep frozen chicken carcasses as well, defrosting them so I can get them apart and see how many there are, forgot to mention them!!!
Son been and got the lights going, not as tall as I thought but they look nice and brighten up a dark corner. Girls had a good clean and tidy, shavings stowed away, gave them some of the meat trimmings, no way am I going to feed them loads of that fat.
Fire got a couple of logs on and is blazing away, got a couple of lamb tails in a cast iron casserole on the ring boiling them up to get the fat off then will get a bone soup going,
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Well done on the insurance for Dillon

Hope son has turned up June and done the little jobs for you

Good afternoon Twix stay warm

Pleased your dad has apologised at least he knew he had gone too far

Stay warm Moyra will soon be spring

Looking very cold outside now thank goodness I have no need to go out again other than when I push her ladyship out before bed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
No insistence like the other company you need to inform them you are taking them to to the vet.......................
Feeling a bit more settled now as he will be covered once again for a good level of cover for everything else.
Hi Lynn, I'm glad you've got it sorted. It's incredible the other mob required you to inform them you were going to the vets. So you're out walking miles from anywhere and something happens so before you drive to the vets you have to ring up the insurance company. Unbelievable, doesn't bear thinking about, you're well out of that lot
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Harvey eldest brother on Sunday reckons that every time I rang to inform them even for something minor but they would generate a claim form in case one was needed I knew in most cases it wouldn't be it was a notch against our policy and the new underwriters agreeing to give the same cover.
I mentioned this to the broker today and she said I reckon they were building a case as to why to knock cover down on chronic conditions and price us out.
Never had to do that with other insurers nor these in the first couple of years of insuring Dillon seemed a new thing last year at renewal and low and behold they were not long in the midst of selling out.
So as before and sensibly I take him first if needed then discuss with the vet cost and treatment and if a substantial amount worth claiming over the excess then ring for a claim form and submit claim.
As you do.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Well Cariad and Lona have an impressive list of vet visits,
Lona must have had a trapped nerve in her back and could only look left, by the time we got to the vets she had unravelled herself and they couldn't actually agree on what it was, and Cariad ate a wasp last year and her head swelled up, oh and when they were just 1 they had a tummy upset on Christmas Day (of course), and that is the sum total of their illnesses No one could build a case on that, surely
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 05:14 PM
I am beginning to think this new underwriter would build a case on anything June.
Gorden said after reading the letter they want sound healthy dogs. Well they may well start out with those in the beginning but as we all know things can go horribly wrong at the drop of a hat.
Dillon for all his joint issues may well outlive many dogs who are sound and seem healthy at the beginning.

The underwriter for the new insurance is Qudos think that's how its spelt ? A Danish company.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Well I'll see how I go on tomorrow. If I could get onto the quote bit I would be able to see if Utonagan is on the menu, some insurers still won't include them, which is ridiculous when Petplan will, and I think they must be the largest insurers of pets there is. All my puppies go with 4 weeks free Petplan insurance and I'm sure they wouldn't be doing that if there was anything untoward.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Here's the link again June I just got onto the site no problems.
www.lifetimepetcover.co.uk
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I've tried it before and I can go on the site but click on quote and it won't let me go any further, so will email them or phone them tomorrow once I've had the girls out etc. Got a lazy afternoon planned then
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >