Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Off topic post deleted
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Things here (from mainly the media and a fair few friends and friends of friends) things are at a manageable level, the floods have totally devastated the areas it hit and they say it is going to be years until it is cleaned up properly.
Today though the clean up has begun 12000 volunteers turned out to start cleaning up the mess, people, businesses, and the famous all started pitching in, a great news clip showing what is happening
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/23864440/

the army have been in helping clean up and doing water and food drops to towns that have run out of clean water.

Another thing that has happened the Australian Open tennis are having a rally to raise money for the flood victims, with the highest names lined up to play so even though international aide has not been sort there is still international support, I also heard the Queen made a donation and refused to name the donation value.
I guess the thing is it is going to be a long haul and just to keep everyone on board pitching in and helping towns and people re-build in the future as this is going to be a long time in the recovery of QLD and now Victoria.

This footage is of the flash flooding from people in their homes, truly terrifying

If international aide was needed I think it would be accepted, I guess we are lucky to have had enough resource's to cope so far.
Billions of dollars of crops and farm have been wiped away with the floods, so have 18 lives and 14 people still missing.
All sad and all horrific.
For Brazil they are in flood and watching their country and lives destroyed, no one would wish this on anyone.... no matter the country and Esmed I saw nothing wrong or offensive in what you wrote, just a thought, but I do think countries would step up and help
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Things here (from mainly the media and a fair few friends and friends of friends) things are at a manageable level, the floods have totally devastated the areas it hit and they say it is going to be years until it is cleaned up properly.
Today though the clean up has begun 12000 volunteers turned out to start cleaning up the mess, people, businesses, and the famous all started pitching in, a great news clip showing what is happening

the army have been in helping clean up and doing water and food drops to towns that have run out of clean water.

Another thing that has happened the Australian Open tennis are having a rally to raise money for the flood victims, with the highest names lined up to play so even though international aide has not been sort there is still international support, I also heard the Queen made a donation and refused to name the donation value.
I guess the thing is it is going to be a long haul and just to keep everyone on board pitching in and helping towns and people re-build in the future as this is going to be a long time in the recovery of QLD and now Victoria.

This footage is of the flash flooding from people in their homes, truly terrifying

If international aide was needed I think it would be accepted, I guess we are lucky to have had enough resource's to cope so far.
Billions of dollars of crops and farm have been wiped away
with the floods, so have 18 lives and 14 people still missing.
All sad and all horrific.
For Brazil they are in flood and watching their country and lives destroyed, no one would wish this on anyone.... no matter the country and Esmed I saw nothing wrong or offensive in what you wrote, just a thought, but I do think countries would step up and help
Thanks Emma, I have been thinking of you and wondering if you had been badly affected. Glad to hear you are ok.

I was watching a new story on the floods this morning both in Aussie and brazil and I'm always amazed at the aussies and how upbeat they seem to remain despite losing so much. I also saw a lovely photo of a man carrying a young kangaroo out of the flood water!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Thanks Emma, I have been thinking of you and wondering if you had been badly affected. Glad to hear you are ok.

I was watching a new story on the floods this morning both in Aussie and brazil and I'm always amazed at the aussies and how upbeat they seem to remain despite losing so much. I also saw a lovely photo of a man carrying a young kangaroo out of the flood water!
So lovely!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:30 PM
There are people raising money for dogs & their owners affected by the floods

A virtual dog show
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post

That was a great photo, there are so many photo's of the humour people have kept, the everyday hero's that helped out, the tragedy, the sorrow, and everything in between.

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
There are people raising money for dogs & their owners affected by the floods
Wow that is brilliant, I don't think any walk of life has stopped peoples idea's of how to help, it is truly inspiring.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Even debauched people like me are supporting.

http://www.foxpokerclub.com/2011/01/...-22nd-jan-2pm/
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3