View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh dear poor Yannis, I hope he recovers quickly.

Am I right in thinking that you believe that your neighbours entered your garden and attacked him? Shocking!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 11:56 AM
UPDATE

Hi guys Laura has asked me to post a quick update for you all. Yiannis has been to the vets this morning and they are keeping him in for some surgery. Nothing toO serious just to clean out the wounds etc, she will know more later and will update you all this evening when she has internet access again.

Ali xx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 12:11 PM
F*****g Disgusting.

Id Have to move, id just have too. Keep them with you at all times.

Start keeping a log of all things if you havent already & hopefully you can build up a caes for Harressment & Animal Cruelty
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh how awful for you and for poor Yiannis. Take photos of the door what it should be like when open and when closed. You are quite right to involve the police, why not an open letter to the local press telling the culprit that charges will be brought against them.

I hope the culprit(s) are caught and punished. If it is your next door neighbours then the sooner action is taken against them the better.

Hope Yiannis is OK and the wounds are cleaned out. Please give big hugs and cuddles to Yiannis from me and doggy kisses from Loki xxxx

Hope to hear how things go when Yiannis gets back from the vet.

Hope too the RSPCA can do something - if the letters of complaint all came from the one person, they should hand them over to the police for investigation to see if the one who sent in the complaint did that horrid thing to Yiannis.

Take care.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Poor, poor Yiannis I can't imagine what you're going through, how someone can do this is beyond me.

I think it's worth finding out about who's writing these letters to as it sounds like harassment if you're continually being 'investigated' but you've done no wrong.

Hope the vets goes as well as can be.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 02:35 PM
What a bloomin shame, so glad he has that thick coat or things couldv'e been a lot worse, I'm sure you'll know whos responsible with his reaction the next time he sees them...hope hes feeling a wee bit better xx
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Bit late now but for what its worth Id install a cctv camera you can pick them up quite cheaply now i gather small discreet ones (my friend had one linked to her computer from her front door) so you can monitor them outside and capture anything untoward. Camera never lies and all that and good evidence!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 03:34 PM
How awful. Poor thing.

Fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery and he is ok in himself too xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I'm about to go and get Yiannis. he came through the surgery fine and all his wounds have been cleaned out. Iv'e yet to find out about antibiotics, dressings, (stitches maybe too?), rest etc when I go and fetch him.

from now on, my dogs go nowhere, not even on the patio without me. I don't care what time of night it is or how cold it is. It's my job to protect them and I've failed.

I didn't make myself clear earlier. The other dogs were semi-comatose, dotted about between the living room and kitchen. On Yiannis was outside. if all the dogs had been outside and the ate hadn't been bolted, I'd have probably assumed that it was a silly game or play-fight that got out of hand.

But the others were inside. As far as I know there was no noise at all until I heard Yiannis. when I let him in is when the others started making noise and then I couldn't shut them up. I wonder too Mini if he did in fact disturb an intruder. The time it took from the first noise I heard to getting to the door could only have been a few seconds - not enough for a dog or any other animal that may have found it's way onto my patio (even though it's completely fenced off) to get either through or over the fencing or gate.

when I got him to the vet this morning she lifted his collar. he had another would there that looked like a piece of skin and fur had been sliced off. not particularly deep btu as soon as the collar was moved is started bleeding and wouldn't stop. So when I fetch him I'm expecting more wounds than I was originally aware of and maybe a few that possibly were dried blood rather than separate wounds - does that make sense? He wouldn't let me examine him properly in the early hours and I had to lift him into the car - not an easy job by any means.

It's opssible to walk down the side of my hosue to, to get to the side gate. Mine's a semi-detached as well. I've decided that from the side gate to the front of the house there will be 6 ft fencing betwen me and the nighbours that have complained. Intertwined will be razor and barbed wire. So if anyone feels the need to try and get through it - they can be my guest! At least they'll elave a load of DNA behind - assuming they don't bleed to death. There will be a large gate at the front of the house, adjacent to the front door so there is an extra lot of fencing to get around, shoudl someone decide to pay us a visit again. I hope to have this fencing up by Saturday evening at the latest.

I also have a friend in the police (a Special Constable) who fits alarms and cameras. I'm going to ask him to fit cameras around the house for me.

I've called the Local Council and RSPCA. They've updated their records (or so they told me) but I'm going to write to them as well so there's a record of what happened.

I have a crime number from the police and I was told they'd call me to come round to make a statement. If they haven't called by midday tomorrow, I'll go down to the local station and sit and wait for as long as it takes until I get to make the statement.

I won't be fobbed off. This is serious and it has to stop. Yiannis will be going to my Mom's for a couple of days. he can do without the other dogs jumping on him because they're happy to see him. I knwo they wouldn't deliberately hurt him but Zane's splat game is more powerful than it looks.

I'll post back later after I've dropped him off with my Mom and update again. I should have more info from the vet. I'm also going to ask for a report or somethign in writing from a medical point of view as to what they think could have happened. It may help should this ever come to Court and there are disputes over what caused the wounds.

Laura xx

ETA - the dog flap is being sealed tonight and I'll be getting a nrew front door asap.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a plan, personally I wouldn't allow mine out without me if I had neighbours like yours, things can get thrown over posioned and who knows that could also kill one of your foster/looking after someone dog

Be warned though that barbed wire these days are against the law, and although I agree they shouldn;t be on your property, if someone gets hurt by barbed wire, you are held responsible. My next door but one neighbours found this out to THIER cost

Another thing for me (this is with my dogs) I wouldn;t allow them the run of the garden at night, we have a pool so I would be worried, but even without that pool collars can get caught.

Shame you didn't take his collar off last night that wound underneath sounds nasty....poor baby.

Hugs to him xxxxx
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »