View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 12:37 PM
It is absolutely VILE outside Blooming freezing cold and raining I'd so much prefer cold frosty days with sun. I took the dogs out (drove them up to the top field) where they had a tear around for 20 minutes before bundling them back in the car and coming home. We all got drenched and it took me ages to towel dry them. The trouble is I'll have to comb them through later as rubbing them with a towel gives them knots

Having spoken to my brother who told me I was mad to drive 6 junctions on the motorway in this weather when not absolutely necessary and speaking at length to the home to find that Mum was a lot better and had gone up to activities I decided to stay put today I'm really glad I have because OH and I went down to the town half an hour ago and there is soooo much standing water everywhere

LoreOh no, I am sorry that poor Davie has also now gone down with it I hope he gets over it really quickly and your normal healthy routine can resume in the your household very soon.
Moyra My sympathies with all the wet and mud. Stay in and keep warm now. The Thames and Bourne levels are rising again having been pretty constant for some time now, but it would take a lot of rain to make us flood again.
Nippy Make the most of your nicer weather .... the SW certainly deserve some but it may not last Enjoy your day and I bet little Pepsi will be happy not to have rain for a change.
Meg Brilliant idea to try the food colouring route, but what a ruddy shame that its leaking in the first place
Lynne I bet you and Taffy were pleased to get a dry walk in this morning ..... what a change but we have to be thankful for small mercies Enjoy your day.
Hi Jackie enjoy your day
LS I'm so pleased that Loki's tum had settled downand you both enjoyed your walk albeit a very wet one. That sounds a great service that your planning department offer and would save you a lot of time and more money submitting plans if there was no hope of them getting approved. I had to laugh at Michael's disapproval of your idea of sleeping all day

See you all later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Hey guys

Just waiting on our monthly shopping arriving. I got a half decent pay this month so we were able to replenish quite a lot that we were short on.

I've not been able to eat much today and Davie even less, poor wee man has been throwing up as well. Hopefully it eases off for him soon. If this doesn't clear tomorrow I think cadets will have to be cancelled cause I don't want to spread this to the rest of the kids.

I've managed to change the bedding which is a plus and clean the kitchen (haven't been up to doing anything at all the last few days) so that's a step forward. Think I'll read the Grisham novel I have for a little while. Guaranteed if I try to study the shopping will arrive.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Afternoon all

Oh Lynn, it would have to be that finger you hit wouldn't it Hope you can deal with it and save more trips to the clinic.

Meg, good luck with that leaking roof again. Kitchen roll is brill, I used it around all the pipes in the bathroom at the caravan as I was determined to prove there was a leak somewhere and it showed up - nothing like kitchen roll to do that! It sounds like you've got the same problem as we have with our flat roofed terrace. We thought we'd cured it, so had the underneath wall dug out and rendered, painted, and the very next morning, we had this huuuuge bubble appear in the new paintwork, but further over Dave said the trouble with flat roofs is, if you don't seal every single bit of it, the water will find it's way out somewhere else. I'm sure your coloured water could well do the trick, let's hope so.

Linda, glad you got some joy with the planners, they're usually very nice when I've dealt with them. That sounds a very good idea about that £50 option, I'd definitely go for that one. Nothing like getting everything in place before you start any works, just to be on the safe side, even if it's a verbal from the planners or some bit of paper, it's all good. Exciting huh?

Jenny, I think you've made a very wise choice there, lots of standing water here too, it just hasn't stopped all day. Glad you got the boys out for a good run. I'm the same, I have to comb Zena through, otherwise she matts.

Jen, you've got sunshine today???!!! Well pass it over here please, you're not used to it!

Now I've forgotten, but Elaine, enjoy your duvet day.

Went down to the seafront to the old town for haircolour, and bought 2 dover soles, just had one for lunch with crusty bread and a bit of mash, yum yum, I love fresh fish from the seafront, you just can't beat it, and shops never have dover soles, not the size I want anyway.

The hairdresser did a lovely colour, very bright underneath, but dark brown on my roots, it looks fab, very classy she said! They both agreed about my rubbish haircut, they said she's cut the layers too short, and stabbed into them causing the wispiness at the bottom, so she says I'm going to have to wait 2 whole months before she can rectify it, and give me longer layers back Story of my life! I can live with it though, just tuck it behind my ears, sorted!

Zena didn't get much of a walk this morning, I just took her up the wide track into the woods and back, and there's been so much running water down the tracks, that they've actually turned to gravel now instead of mud which was good, lots of big clean puddles to walk through too. She only got half an hour, but when I think of the hours I slog away up on the top there day in day out, tough, she'll have to make do with what she got today I'm afraid.

Just hovered around cos Dave's home tonight. Had some e-mails to do, and now everything is done and dusted, and I can relax. Fish4D delivery this afternoon and hopefully he'll come before 4 o'clock cos Zena has run out of her jumbo fish sticks and she always has one when she gets up at 4, otherwise, I'll be in the doghouse

No June yet? Glad you're back Malka, even if you're typing like I did Christmas day, but for a different reason.

Hope you've got better weather than we have, it's pretty dire here and it's beginning to wear me down now, this constant depressing rain all the time. Hey ho, it'll soon be Spring
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 01:11 PM
That's good news about your mum Jenny. I think your brother is right too, you don't want to risk it in this weather.

Thanks Jenny, I was really expecting something unpleasant with Loki this morning. I think he's emitting some nasty niffs though.

So much for Michael wanting to do things - he's got hold of the Nexus and won't go cycling (it's stopped raining) or swimming. I could nap alongside him while he plays virtual rally driving.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Helena - woz Christnas befpre ;ast and you woz p!ddled I is mot!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm here Helena, been on the phone a lot over stuff, and I've somehow managed to get some bin liners into the car and I'm going to the tip with them. It flaming well hurts, but I can't live with all this mess, its driving me nuts. I took some over to my friends house yesterday as she has a bin collection on Thursday and had space in her bin, what a performance, I'm travelling around England trying to find ways of disposing of bin liner after bin liner of soaking wet shavings. We have a bin collection on Friday, so I'll be able to put some more in Jackie and Andy's bin, but by then of course we will have had several monsoons and I'll be back where I started!!! At least the yard is clean and smells nice, the pile of bin liners barricaded at the back is not a good look though
Be back later.......
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 02:54 PM

I've lost the plot...thought I'd posted already
TW,understand you have all this lifting etc to do by yourself and have no choice in that but..at least go to the doc's and get some extra strong painkillers or something,been going on too long,you can't keep going on in that much pain.You'd be the first to say it to one of us...* off to hide now in case I get hit with a mop*
(( hugs)) to all poorlies peeps and doglets with icky tums Poor wee Davie,bless him,and LYNN..ouch again,hope you're ok xx
Chucking it down here off to do the school run,no school till Monday then,so Happy Days...wee lie in
Later
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Morning all....
Raining here today, not wanting to look smug, but its the first rain we have had for over 2 weeks!!

Well off to work in a bit, then walking with a friend this morning, will be a wet one! not much else just work work work!

I feel terrible, I forgot it was Tilly's 3rd gotcha day on Monday - so I gave her extra squishes and squeezes, kisses and hugs last night, she liked that!!!

Hoping my chickens come out of their coop today, they have been so skittish and won't come out even into their enclosed run!! darn things, driving me crazy - thought their little chicken brains would have forgotten by now, been nearly a week!!!

Rightyo - off to log into work! Happy Wednesday x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm already on strong painkillers for my back, so there is nothing else really, got to keep going, otherwise I'll be featuring on Grimebusters
Have stripped bed, washed hair, on my way to the tip now, hair is wet but tied it back, me...a bag lady....
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 03:52 PM
You must be really getting fed up with those ribs by now June
Taff made me LOL this morning. OH was in the yard hoseing the flags down a bit after the bad weather. Taff hates the hosepipe - he seems to think he's going to get squirted with it so he keeps well away. Anyway this morning I'd made a coffee & told Taff - go & tell your dad ( usually he will go & find him & bark to let him know I want him for something) This morning he looked at me - looked at the back door - looked at me again as though to say - you must be joking he's got the hose pipe out. The expression on his face was priceless .
Well we've had two dry walks today :041. Still muddy though
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »