Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
My water bill was £407 for a quarter!!!!!! There was only 2 of us living there then.
We aren't paying it though. There is no way we have used that much water.
I've just had mine £647

I nearly keeled over. There is definitelty a mistake, as It's usually around £140 or so for a quarter, so something is amiss.........................either that, or I'm paying for everyone else's water in the street too
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
OMG hope you get that little one sorted!!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
OMG hope you get that little one sorted!!
Me too, althugh at the moment my words are falling on deaf ears
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 04:49 PM
It's so frustrating isn't it! I think maybe just pay your normal amount and tell them to whistle
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes, I think I might, and when they call, I'll tell them to punch in a thousand different digits, then place them on hold whilst I go shopping :smt042
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Two years ago I moved in to my father in laws large house with NO central heating (I am his fulltime carer) we took over the first floor of the house. It has storage heaters and elec fires ("gas is too dangerous" he says and he wouldnt have central heating) the first winter quarter in this house cost over £700 just for the first floor!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont use the storage heaters now only if someones staying and managed to half bill

Jeanette

We now have a multi fuel burning stove, imagine the fun taking that upstairs as it weighed over 200lbs, we got it up on a pully system using its own weight to move it
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Yes, I think I might, and when they call, I'll tell them to punch in a thousand different digits, then place them on hold whilst I go shopping :smt042

good idea - or pop down here for a cuppa
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Two years ago I moved in to my father in laws large house with NO central heating (I am his fulltime carer) we took over the first floor of the house. It has storage heaters and elec fires ("gas is too dangerous" he says and he wouldnt have central heating) the first winter quarter in this house cost over £700 just for the first floor!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont use the storage heaters now only if someones staying and managed to half bill

Jeanette

We now have a multi fuel burning stove, imagine the fun taking that upstairs as it weighed over 200lbs, we got it up on a pully system using its own weight to move it
storage heaters have always been expensive, but you managed to half the bill so that was a definate result!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
good idea - or pop down here for a cuppa
good idea, that should kill a few hours, while they're on hold :smt042
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
God I'm glad you got your bill sorted Trix, and I hope they get yours sorted Malady!

Tumble driers are shocking for running costs though, you could probably save yourself a fair old bit by using the washing line. Also, if you don't have cavity wall/loft insulation, check out interest free loans from your council and special deals from your energy company.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >