View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I've just got back from walking the boys which I did as soon as I returned from the vets and fortunately before the rain set in. My vet is such a lovely person and I trust him 100%. He is one of three partners and apparently he drives the other two round the bend as he's not in it for the money and only recommends things if absolutely necessary. He has advised against castration for Rucksack due to his nervous disposition saying it could actually make it worse. Apparently the Lorien implant which he has already is far better as it activates something in the brain (sorry I can't remember what) but if he was castrated it would stop and he's better of with it. He asked how he reacts to dogs he doesn't know and I explained that he will bark and snap. He wanted to check for himself whether Rucksack was aggressive or just scared. He got his nurse to bring in one of his dogs (intact labrador) and Rucksack immediately took a step back and barked. Bless him, he is so much better than he use to be since that dog attacked him at 10 months. This other dog just lay down and within 10 seconds so had Rucksack and was relaxed. Basically Rucksack is just telling dogs he doesn't know to 'keep away' and as soon as he realised they aren't going to attack him he relaxes and is fine. So no castration and I am relieved. His Lorien implant will stop him being fertile until next April but should last longer at keeping the very 'male' traits at bay. So I'll just see what happens around that time. Flash only had the 6 month implant as his balls are returned to normal and he seems fine so I probably won't have him re-implanted again. We discussed Harvest Mites at length and he said they are late this year and won't all go until we get a frost. Next year he'll prescribe a steroid spray for Rucksack's feet and legs as Piriton isn't strong enough for him any more. The steroid spray will sooth the skin and is not absorbed into the blood stream so is not like taking oral steroids. Boots and an allergy suit may also be on the cards for next year as his reaction appears to worsen each season He also congratulated me on his appearance ..... not the pink legs etc ... but his weight and shape. There was me thinking he was too lean. I use Advocate any way but he said how important it was as apparently there is a connection between dogs who react badly to Harvest Mites being more susceptible to fox mange .... and there are loads of foxes around here. So a really good visit which cost me a fraction of what I thought it would cost.

Meg - Good luck today with Hannah and I expect you'll be needing a few child free days to catch-up after baby sitting so much recently.
L.S. - Poor Michael and you .... hopefully you can catch up on some of the missed sleep ... although I'm not sure when as you have your hands full. I'm sure Carys will have a wonderful pirate day and hopefully Michael will get on OK at the dentist.
Nippy - Ooooh the vet wouldn't need castrating ... he is gorgeous What a relief that Pepsi slept through
Moyra - You know you have told me in the past about his back and it clearly went in one ear and out the other You'll just have to humour my memory How does the DWP expect anyone to live on £60 a week. That is what my brother was on until he went to Tribunal and it got upped considerably. However, he's just waiting to hear which benefit he has been awarded to know if his lottry win will cancel it all out.
Tang - I hope you've managed to motivate yourself in to doing 'work' Rucksack is a Tibetan Terrier and not a Tibetan Spaniel Enjoy your day with the beautiful Bella. I hope your arm/shoulder are feeling better today.
Girliebiker - I'm sorry your van didn't even give you a backwards glance Enjoy looking for a replacement.
Sally - Oh what a disaster about your vacuum cleaner. That was brave of you to give your OH the job of replacing it. I just hope the one you've sent him out to buy is available.
Lacey - Busy, busy for you today. I hope little Lacey looks gorgeous. Enjoy your day.

I'm off to buy some bread at its 12.45 and we haven't got any .... OH will be back shortly for lunch
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Afternoon

Michael's dentist visit went well! He doesn't seem to be suffering anymore pain and she said there's no more damage to the tooth. He was very brave so I bought him a little Hot Wheels car.

Well, I didn't know pirates were so popular Tang and Nippy.

Jenny - I'm glad you got your questions answered to your satisfaction and I'm sure Rucksack is relieved that he will be keeping his bits intact.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 12:51 PM
L.S. - Great news about Michael's tooth and what a brave little lad Yes, I think if Rucksack had had any idea that he was possibly in for the chop he would have refused to go in to the vet this morning.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Can someone wipe my fevered brow please ?

Returned the keys for our parking bays today and one was missing so rung Gorden to rummage around on the floor to see if it had dropped off the key ring holder it hadn't so then had to trek across town to get another one cut.
Did some shopping for bin bags and cleaning bits and bobs.
then back to the council offices oh sorry civic offices to return the keys.
Timpsons wanted £5.50 then I remembered the little key cutting cutting kiosk by the old market place and they charged £3.00.

Having a coffee then off I go again.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Delighted Rucksack has escaped losing the Brazil nuts Bless him,didn't know he was attacked
Lacey looks great and smells fab
Haven't warmed today Its sunny and dry but soooo cold.
Hope everyone is o.k Since Leah is home early think maybe we should go somewhere,will let her decide
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi LYNN
Enjoy your coffee break
Imagine the next couple of days will be crazy round at yours Take it handy,it'll be so worth it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Busy, busy, busssssssy, (bit like you today Lynn). Just done the van, bit of shopping, a 2nd walk with Zena, bit of lunch and that journalist is bombarding me with questions I need to answer. She's done a fab write up and wants me to edit it, I've got 5 out of 5 for almost everything!!!! How cool is that then Methinks I'll be going in their guide #

Woosh, gotta go again now, phone's ringing.

My young couple are moving in on Friday after we finish it all off with Dave being home. Oh Lordy where is that retirement I'm supposed to be enjoying. Gonna book a flight over to you soon Pat

I'll be back....
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Well done HELENA
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Jenny, Don't worry about forgetting about Steve's back. I thank God that he was able to rest his back whilst fishing however if he is going to go back to work at the beginning of November I keep nagging him not to take on work that will be too heavy for his back or he will be crippled up again. We have yet to find out from the consultant whether he is going to have an operation to weld the damaged vertebrae or whether he will be able with physiotherapy to build the muscles around the site of the two disintegrated vertebrae to enable the muscles to support them. I think he could end up with hydrotherapy which helped mine. The sciatic nerve is still damaged and gives him trouble with his legs. Good news re Rucksack.

Helena, glad you have sorted out the small van for the young couple probably just as well since that prospective buyer was mucking you about. What he didn't reckon on was that you are not desperate either way, whether he thought he could bargain with you on that then he had another think coming. Good luck.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Afternoon y'all...... having a quick bit of lunch (very late I know) before I go out to get something for tea as youngest son coming and it is nearly 3 already, no idea what happened to this morning.
With it being monsoon weather outside I did my phone calls, or started to, but ended up re-shapng the world with one of my friends, looked out the window and the rain had stopped.
Also had a couple of enquiries, one not come back to me, but one has, so emailing going on there
So straight out with girlies. Have taken piccies of Mabs as she is showing now - so will put last weeks up
HERE

AND TODAY

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your vet sounds absolutely marvellous Jenny, what a lovely heartwarming story that he wasn't reaching for your debit card as he spoke to you. Was going to say Propofol for anaesthetic, then I read your breeder had that covered already. Lucky Rucksack gets to keep his plums
Well played Helena, and I knew that you'd be the Star of their Guide anyway, because it is just how you are. Well done though, can't wait to read your write up
Sally, I hope your OH comes back with the right hoover, I always used to have a little cheapo one upstairs for spare emergencies, but that broke a while ago, so only got the one now, and they don't make them anymore, got tremendous suction and I hope it lasts a long time yet.
Lynn, what about Canikur tablets or there is a syringe of paste you can buy, that boy needs bunging up quickly
Right my lunch is finished and I have to dash, so see you later
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »