Female 

29-05-2012, 08:55 AM
we are having a hog and lamb roast
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
BBQ says outdoor to me which is great unless it rains. What contingency is there on the BBQ option for bad weather?
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
See thats why I'm leaning towards the Carvery - however I haven't asked them about that, so thats another question for them
Their contingency when we asked was to cook & serve the BBQ food indoors.

Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
We had a hog roast for ours rather then a sit down meal and it was great. People chatted while getting in line and a couple went up for 2nds as there was some left. we added pudding as well and it went down a storm. It was cooked in the kitchens and brought out into the hall way. If they offer the BBQ all year round then they will have a plan b for bad weather.
We are going for a hog roast at ours! I could take or leave pork, but I don't think I'll care on the day, and it made things a lot cheaper than a full on sit-down meal.

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
We're (well I'm) thinking here:
http://www.bestwoodlodgehotel.co.uk/

The pictures don't do it justice though IMO. It's on one of our walks and we stop off for a drink. And they're dog friendly And if I can't get a rig of dogs (which I think having a summer wedding would be a bit too much) there are two stables and I'll just have a horse to carry me through the woods instead..

I wish I liked pork enough to have a hog roast, but I'm a fussy eater
We went to look at Bestwood Lodge, the main room, for our reception. We even booked it and paid a deposit, but then slowly we realised it wasn't what we wanted. Having said that, some friends of ours are getting married there in September and are very happy with them so far.

If you do book with them though, make sure you check the smallprint on the contract!

The manager was nice as pie when we went to see them etc, telling us how flexible they were etc... well it turns out not that flexible at all really. Get this... they wanted to charge us £120 for not having their DJ.... that was in their contract, we missed it.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3