register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Sat down after sorting girls out, getting my bone soup on the go, meat has dropped off the lambs tails and added veg, herbs and stock. Watching Stories From The Dark Earth which is a continuation of Meet The Ancestors, tonight it is the burial of a warrior complete with horse.
Girls have had tuna or mackerel in tomato sauce with veg, cottage cheese, fat free honey yogurt and a banana for after.
Checked on them and Keshi is wandering around outside, so she has been sent into the big kennel as Mabs has taken possession of the little one tonight. Lights out, checked them just now and everyone still in bed.
Casualty on later.
Moyra, thank you for your comment regarding Tawney, some dogs make a bigger impact on your life than others, and she completely turned my life around and has had a huge influence on what I do now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Evening everyone. Been to Ikea at Milton keynes nearest to us with a showroom. Needed to look at some wardrobes our canvas one is collapsing I am fed up of keep righting it.
Took ages to queue for something to eat and a cuppa and not long in had chips and and a guiness for tea we needed it.
We have a catalogue so we will be ordering and collecting for the front bedroom when the time comes from Norwich when buying for that room. We have seen all the wardrobes now.
My head survived the crowds and noise the car journey Gorden drove and all the annoying little children allowed to run riot around the store. So must be better I reckon.

Mandy sorry you feel so ill if you feel anything like I did you really are best at home in the warm and resting. If I hadn't of had Dillon to worry about I would of taken myself to bed for a couple of days but needed Gorden to be at home to take care of him and to be honest me. Two days of complete rest and back to normal if you can call me normal.
griff hope the hip feels better soon.
Sound like a nice walk was had June. Hugs anniversaries are so hard.
Hope everyone else is feeling well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Not sure if I will be going LG, it is a fella I have known for getting on 20years...it is fancy dress but he says I don't have to go in fancy dress....phew! Will see how I feel on the night
Hope the girls stay in their beds now TW
Lynn, pleased you survived Ikea, we are lucky, we have one in town...mum hates it, I think it's fab lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Only ever ventured in Ikea once, that was enough
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2016, 08:03 PM
to be honest, i don't bother with the showroom at all, just head for the market place and once you know where the doors are so you can get exactly to the bit you want to be in it is fine...like i can go from the kitchenware bit through a door to the lighting through a door to the candle/plant section and that is where the lift is down to the furniture pick part and the way out, when i took my mum in i got her towalk round all of the market place as i didn't know what she wanted...all i got out of her after 5 minutes was get me out get me out Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2016, 08:03 PM
It really is a pain to shop in but I think they have great furniture at great prices. We still have on of their tall corner units use to have two gave one away and we bought it about 15 years ago the top comes off from the bottom unit if you want we have dismantled it moved it put it back together so many times and still as good as new.
Fed up of wardrobes the flimsy backs coming off and our unit from Fennels which was sturdy and I loved unfortunately doesn't fit here.
The canvas one although cheap is a total nightmare it has to goooooo.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2016, 08:21 PM
i have wardrobe and drawers from ikea, the wardrobe was 50 quid and the drawers were 39 quid...they don't match but at the time it was the most i could afford...had them about 4 years now and they are still as good as new, i gave my other stuff away..i ordered out of a catalogue and the furniture was lilac, my bedroom was lilac and white and i thought great...yeah, except it was kids furniture Lol so i gave it to my mates daughter
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2016, 08:28 PM
I've got a bench tableupstairs that I use for the telly and thats from Ikea and it is really heavy and solid, can't move it on my own, and youngest son got a chest of draws from them at the same time and that was the same. Can't fault their construction and design, its just having to go in the place, and this was a weekday when we went, in the morning, no idea what it must be like at weekend
Lynn that thing I've been watching about the warrior buried with his horse was found at RAF Lakenheath when they were building a new sports pitch.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Ooooh not that far from here June. I think Harvey has some connection to there. Might be wrong though.

It is dreadful at weekends I said to Gorden we need to go on a week day when he is off, trouble is he is mainly off during school holidays. Might be able to sneak a Friday or Monday in when he takes a long weekend.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Have you got a family card Lynn?? if not, get one, you can get a free coffee with it but more importantly hand it in at the till, they will swipe it and then your goods are covered, so if you get home and break a piece building it...they give you a bit for free!!! or if you drop it and break it, it is covered
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >