Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I personally can see nothing nice about parting a poor old man from his hard earned shekels!
poor old man yeah right, it's all relative don't you know
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 01:42 PM
LG you could always ask for that 79p that was collected for you and I could send you the 6p that tesco have just refunded me. They phoned to tell me this and sent an email. Gave me a chuckle. It would help with the prising open of the wallet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2016, 02:19 PM
I wish I were a pound behind you LG, but as I can never run that fast it will never happen
Had lovely walks with the girls, absolutely no one on the country park at all so was able to let Kesh play chase with Zen who was already being chased by Mabs. Left the line on her just in case some other dogs appeared that seemed more appealing, but just the odd walker every so often.
The wind is cold, was well wrapped up and by the time I got back I was very warm. Been to the tip, with 7 BAGS of wet shavings and a bag of ashes and the bin liner from the kitchen, usually the average is 3/4 bags tops. Just goes to show what a difference very wet weather makes.
River level beginning to drop now thank goodness
Is it the right type of tap this time Moyra, because this guy sounds like a total no hoper without one clue as to what he is actually supposed to do.
Had some of my bone soup, nice bread and mug of tea and watching The Coroner, caught the tail end of Doctors, need to do some painting really
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Yes June, it is the right tap but still not ideal because it is the boiler that is out of date. However we shall manage better than we did before. Still going to take time to get water through the hot water tap as quickly as we need but it will have to be endured. We need a new pump connected to the old system it would seem.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 03:30 PM
My hot water always takes time coming through. We save the cold for the garden while waiting for the hot. Now then for all you peeps that lurve Christmas I have got 7 sort of decorations out. The plan is a couple each day from now till 3rd December then the tree goes up as I have relatives coming for lunch on the Sunday. I can hear the groaning even down here in Sussex.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Sending you my condolences Popster it sounds as if he had a lot of friends too.

Hoping your wallet survives the onslaught today Gordon Hope the ECG goes well.

Good you now have a paper tap Moyra pity she can't sort the boiler too.

Still very windy and now quite cold. Son has gone home today to see what is happening and the pictures he has sent of piping and wiring behind the cooker are very worrying, lucky he didn't catch fire. Also a wall in the bathroom looks like a bomb has hit it, don't know how the house is still standing. He lives in the basement flat with two floors above him At least the builders will be able to sort everything and then he should be nice and safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2016, 03:51 PM
just a quick update. 8 more bags of leaves collected this morning from front/back of house. Need not have bothered just as many again.

Just this afternoon this lot blew in

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Sue, I also live in a ground floor flat with two flats above, thankfully they are not too much trouble but it would resolve the problem I have with the kitchen tap if I could have put the boiler tank in the loft which is non existent.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Afternoon. Moyra really can relate with you the ongoing saga of your kitchen.
LG hope the ecg went well and you haven't had to part with to much money.
Bet people were surprised to see moths this time of year.
Glad the wet shavings have been safely deposited at the tip June.
griff hope you feel better soon.
Sue glad sons flat is getting sorted. Seems our wiring for the old programer left a lot to be desired going by the description of what and why things were replaced on the invoice we received yesterday. Very reasonable to didn't charge for emergency call out which I was impressed with.

Mark has had another early day today but not for the usual reasons. Normally it is because work is short today he was sent home to cool off after 2 incidents which made him lose his temper.
First incident was racking that got tipped over almost and nearly landed on him he had to put his hands out to stop it and subsequently hurt his wrist he broke and he had a row with the guy working the other side.
Shock he said when he cooled off he realised it wasn't actually his fault it is because it's black Friday tomorrow and they are making everyone work at break neck speed. Normally there health and safety is spot on.
He moved on from that then saw a middle aged lady faint so he went over to her and walked her to the seating area and walked to the drink station to fetch her a drink.
he got into trouble for that as his gun hadn't been used for 15 minutes the guy from the agency had a moan then someone from amazon so he lost it was told he would probably now not be a team coach and to come home to cool off.
He was shaking with rage when he arrived back and he had been for a drive to get his anger out of his system.
I am proud of him doing the right thing by someone taken unwell and feel he was justified in his reaction to the racking incident could've been much worse.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Oh Lynn, sounds like he did the right thing but wont be thanked for it. Steve has just said he thinks we have a leak under the sink now!!!!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >