View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:48 PM
I think more men speak to me when I have Tupac,maybe cause 'e looks ard'? Or I could kid myself and think its the petite blue eyed blonde on the othe end of the lead

The sibes I think more women

...Also I don't see lurchers as mens dogs Had one for 17 years he was loved by many of either sex....he even converted a few peeps that didn't like dogs...I miss him
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2011, 07:55 PM
I see Greys and lurchers as a old peoples dog..
More woman around her have them too...

And i think you must live in a place were using dogs for hunting or lamping is rife cause i cant think of one that i thought was used for the purpose around here @Chaz.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:56 PM
When Jamie and I go out together with the dogs and I leave him outside a shop with them he always has a group of women around him on my return . He says they are asking about the dogs-I think I believe him!

I guess ours are cute looking as they're furry but also "manly" as they're terriers I so get people of both sexes interested in talking to me when I am out and about with them.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Thanks for that info. I guess if you're not into GWP's or HPR's then you wouldnt have a clue what it was all about but the Kimmax kennel educated me! Personally, I think the VDD have the right idea.
Personally I'm clueless I find it interesting reading but don't really understand it all.

But anyway, your Rupert does actually look very GWP like (I have to admit I'd never seen him before!)
He could well be a GWP mix, there was a "breeder" (I use the term loosely) in the area he came from and several gundog people have suggested GWP/Lab mix. Apparently the mix would explain his apparent ADD, scattiness and high prey drive. I didn't set out to get any sort of gundog, I wanted a Boxer but fell in love with the scruffy mutt in the shelter
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:23 PM
It's usually younger men that stop and talk to me about Cooper, or fuss him.

I just usually get 'oohh he's lively' from anyone who meets Harry
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin Colwill View Post
If you call Lurchers a breed then I'd say they are a man's breed! There seem to be fewer female Lurcher owners compaired to the larger pedigree breeds.
I would agree with that and I get asked , if we hunt , shoot , race etc but Tom is a mummys boy !
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=Murf;2375709]I see Greys and lurchers as a old peoples dog..
More woman around her have them too...

ooh err !!! my grey and lurcher would not be suitable for old people , they would have them worn out in a day or so !
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't know - I don't tend to have people approaching me about any of mine..

I'm not loved by anyone!

Although when I walked the Rotties I got a lot of male attention.. well the dogs did..
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Everyone stops to ask about Khal, saying they've never seen a dog like him before
Sasi gets the women...awwwww, oooohhhhhh, awwwwwww (Am sure thats why the OH started walking her for a while to be fair ) & Ruby doesn't really get a look in as there are tons of black labs around here, bless her cottons x
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Gelert tends to attract more interest from men, and kids too for some reason. Then there was that one little girl who thought he was a werewolf...and gave him a stroke anyway Most women who make a fuss of him are fellow dog owners. He's a German shepherd cross and probably looks a bit scary to anyone not used to dogs, even though he's a daft lump.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >