register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Griff, he's obviously feeling a heck of a lot better and got some catching up to do as regards food.
Its not going to be that cold tonight so put the heatlamps on half, they are shedding like mad now, and as I haven't got the use of the river bank to get all of it out, its in the front garden in the ash bucket instead. When we get back from a walk they get a good going over with the undercoat rake and its put in the bucket, soooo then the wind catches it and its off here there and everywhere I really don't need them to lose anymore hair, but they will, Zen's started now.
Hoping LG is OK and has found his voice, maybe Gypsy or Fagin can have a look round for it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2016, 09:31 PM
'evening all Yes Casey is home, still a bit unsteady from the anaesthetic, his 'post operative' notes said he would be like that and he didn't eat a lot tonight either but that is also expected. Rianna is much happier, after 8+ years when she had no warmth from Baruska I think she is loving Casey being around and they are so close in everything they do.

He's on Marbocyl A/B's and Carprofen pain killers and has to go for check up next Tuesday when they will want to do a blood test. Urine analysis did show some infection so it's pretty certain that's what caused the problem in the joint.

Invoice had 21 line items so I don't need to tell you what that added up to
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
its in the front garden in the ash bucket instead.
Hi June, alternatetively you could offer it to anyone who has a compost heap in their garden allegedly it's very good for that. I can't confirm because over decades of trying to make compost at home I've never had any success
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Lauryn has her second driving lesson later today after college
Hope it goes well, how many lessons will she have before the test.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
looking at places to go when on holiday down in Kent in May. Looking forward to that. Sara has another interview next week so fingers crossed.
Have you found anywhere yet Hope Sara has success at the interview.

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Losos they give us so much worry but so much love in return. I bet you will be glad to have him home.
Yes, they do worry us sometimes, and he's just beggining to really settle here and he loves Rianna which makes me happy since our original plan with her and Baruska didn't work out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Lovely that they are together again and both of them have nothing to worry about now. Hoping Casey has now turned a corner and he has a trouble free life to look forward to. I bet he was so pleased and relieved to see you, despite the bill and the shock it gave you
Do you mean the ash and the dog hair mixed together makes good fertiliser
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Dex ate everything overnight, just given him his antibiotics this morning...only had to put them down his throat about 6 times Lol
Hi Griff, well it seems sorting out that tooth has worked wonders for Dex. Have you tried putting the A/B's in a Vivitreat. They are described as "a soft tasty treat to help administer tablets to your dog simply, easily, and without fuss" They do not say CATS but the taste and smell is meaty so they may work on Dex.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Evening all - Fine thanks June - well not so much fine as on the improve, coughing and sneezing are lessening although the voice remains AWOL.
Don't ache as much today either so looks like I may live! lol !
Sounds as if you have your work cut out de-fuzzing your lot. All mine (Scout excluded) are shedding like there is no tomorrow, full of loose hair no matter how much grooming they get. Scout looks like a fluffy black pyjama case at the moment - she will have to wait for it to warm up before she gets her haircut. - all those sweet, soft, fluffy curls will have to go! Then the little Satan's Imp that is hidden beneath will once more be revealed! lol !
Glad to hear that Dex cat is lively enough to go stealing food (even though it is perhaps not the ideal sort) it's surprising just how tough these old critters are and how quickly they can rally given the chance.
Hope by now Cassie is home and feeling much brighter, Harvey. So you can all get things back to normal for him.
Good luck with tomorrow for yourself and Gorden, Lynn. Fingers crossed that al goes well.
Back in a wee while, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lovely that they are together again...................................
Do you mean the ash and the dog hair mixed together makes good fertiliser
Yes I know I bore people by saying it..... but it is nice to see them together.

Wood ash from the fire is a very good fertiliser but it does take a very long time to work it's magic, I'm told about 2 to 3 years. Dog hair breaks down in the compast and also makes a good nutrient for the soil again takes time to work 'tho.

Gardening is not like many things these days, there are no instant overnight wonder cures
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Harvey - just cross posted with you - pleased to hear he's home, all downhill from here hopefully (starting with your wallet) Ouch!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >