Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
I think change of diet will definately help, many dogs have allergies to their foods.

We feed Ozzy Autarky, it is wheat gluten free (it is very common to have a wheat gluten allergy) and is made GM free, no articficial colours, flavours, or preservatives are included.

At £16.50 and VAT FREE! It is a lot cheaper than some other brands and I have found it very effective. Ozzys coat absolutely gleams with it and he also has fewer stools (always a bonus! )

Do you know whether it has rice or potato in it Ozzysmom because I am trying to find a food without these in for Benji but most of the hypoallergenic foods all have rice in them And is Autarky available at petshops or is it just online?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh yes just been on a website and it states it has rice in it
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.actigeneruk.co.uk/quistelframeset.htm

Try this aswell as a diet change....fantastic stuff!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks for that Archer - thats another thing I have been meaning to try and never got round to ordering any. I will try that
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Aww shame, hope you find a food that'll help.
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-03-2006, 10:38 PM
thanks all so much advice, all those foods it is so hard to do the best for our dogs at times and the vets dont always have the answers
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by beanieman
thanks all so much advice, all those foods it is so hard to do the best for our dogs at times and the vets dont always have the answers

No I know what you mean - our vet is struggling at the moment to help our dog. He has had skin problems since he was 17 weeks old and he is now nearly 2. I am not having the allergy tests done because I think they are a waste of money and cost about £400. They can even come back inconclusive - so whats the point of them
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 08:27 AM
A freind of mine has a bitch who had terrible bad skin....rashes etc.Tries all sorts of pills and potions from the vets,all kinds of foods etc.Nothing helped until I helped them switch to a raw diet....the dog is much better now.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3