Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Well DOGGONE!

These critters always have a surprise in store, don't they!

As always collie starts that loud barking CAT CAT CAT ( there she goes again) which means one of our cats is at the cat flap.

So I go down; her ladyship is lying in the far corner if you please, barking away and grinning as I have arrived.

I go to let big cat in, and collie follows me, so I pick cat up to carry him to the stairs. IT IS ONLY CAT AND HE LIVES HERE!I shout... and I walk towards collie, holding the cat low.

Collie backs off then turns tail and runs away.

The one time she cornered a cat, cat turned and biffed her on the face, no claws, and collie backed off

yet if they are outside, collie chases cat and cats runs.

I'm confused!
Mine are the same. Inside, Dougal and Mocha are quite happy to interact. Mocha rubs against Dougal, or will sleep with him. Outside...if Dougal chases Mocha will run. Go figure.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone, booked Amber in for her Booster injections tomorrow and kennel cough squirt up the nostrils. She is pretty good with all that sort of thing. I am hoping when they weigh her tomorrow that she will have lost a couple of those few kilos she is overweight. She is not very much overweight in fact she is the size I like to see her but the vets want to see her ribs. I always think that is a bit too slim for my liking. Still she is very young so I do not want her putting on more weight with each year as then she will get too heavy and it will play on her hips and back legs. She is lovely and agile at the moment, bless her. Hope you are all having a good day. Do take care all. God bless. Moyra

PS Lynn Back and knees not too bad today. Right knee nearly gave way earlier but seems to have settled again. Thanks for asking.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone again and especially to those I missed this morning.

Here is the news in brief.........nightmare!!!!

On \dave's lappy on me lap i8n the conservatory and can't type, but suffice to say, it's not going to well 'ere.......2 doors almost on, \zena a right pain, had lunch now want to watch telly and nanny nap but I can see there's no chance of that coming before the end of the day

Neighbours have friend's dog round, so with this door open to the garden, they're goin nuts at \zena all the time, bdooly nightmare, today of all days when I want her to be in her garden! \they've gone out and left them all loose in the garden all kicking off, jeeese!

\gimme strength\!!! \bored rigid now, might get out again with \zena in a mo and look at my typing here LOL!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi everyone again and especially to those I missed this morning.

Here is the news in brief.........nightmare!!!!

On \dave's lappy on me lap i8n the conservatory and can't type, but suffice to say, it's not going to well 'ere.......2 doors almost on, \zena a right pain, had lunch now want to watch telly and nanny nap but I can see there's no chance of that coming before the end of the day

Neighbours have friend's dog round, so with this door open to the garden, they're goin nuts at \zena all the time, bdooly nightmare, today of all days when I want her to be in her garden! \they've gone out and left them all loose in the garden all kicking off, jeeese!

\gimme strength\!!! \bored rigid now, might get out again with \zena in a mo and look at my typing here LOL!
((HELENA))

Full sympathy here. Reminds me of the day in one rental when all the windows were replaced.. there was no hiding place as they went round each part of the job rather than finish even one room..was the house we took collie in from. landlord wandered in and thought we had yet another dog as he didn't recognise HIS collie with a collar on. Endurance time Helena! This too shall pass
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Mine are the same. Inside, Dougal and Mocha are quite happy to interact. Mocha rubs against Dougal, or will sleep with him. Outside...if Dougal chases Mocha will run. Go figure.
Oh there is no collaboration here! I mean collie will not even curl up with wee dog so what chance do the cats have!

It was her fear that got me... the way she slunk off!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh good grief Helena not good. It can only improve.

Gorden rang me a while ago Joel is running the district Sports day so is Owen so he is coming to pick me up at 3.30pm and we are off to watch them.

Just had one of the Agents ring for an update and what we thought of the UPVC clad bungalow. Gave an honest but polite feedback.

So impressed with Dillon's insurers I have lost the policy so they have emailed new ones so Gorden can print them off.
No trouble and so polite.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Stuffed! That was the first proper food in two weeks and I enjoyed it.. yippee. I am on the mend and still two days of antibiotics to go! Maybe I WILL get out trading on Friday! YIPPEE
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Good news - Loki was able to walk further, and better, this afternoon and is calm.

Bad news - I have a Doctor appointment for these bites. They have both got redder and larger and look horrible and a pharmacist thinks they're infected. The one on my arm has pus in it and the one on my nose is throbbing. I hate going to the doctor.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Good news about Loki Linda.

Awww about the bites. They should clear as soon as you get some AB's.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Lynn - I feel ridiculous going to the GP for a bite. I was bitten when Carys was small and it got really bad. I developed cellulitis and I had to have antibiotics but I can't remember if it was pills or cream.

BUT I'm so happy to see Loki improving already.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »