Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
http://www.vetcall.uk.com/index.php

I believe it's these guys, in Chingford.
Oh that's probably just as far as Lincs , thanks anyway
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I dont think £100 is expensive for a GA and xrays on both hips
Ok.........
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I am just about to have Kyesh done and my vet has given me a price of £170; all in, may be a bit more , that price was given me before VAT rise Gayle.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
I am just about to have Kyesh done and my vet has given me a price of £170; all in, may be a bit more , that price was given me before VAT rise Gayle.
Thanks for that Gayle...was that with a GA or sedative?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
One plate should be suffice Jackbox, its an x-ray of the hips, not each hip.

The GA will depend on size, but theoretically, it should be a VERY short time if they get it right first time.
had a Blondie moment there

Of cause it is,

Mind, still dont think 100 is to expensive..

We all differ I suppose,
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Just got off the phone to the Lincolnshire vet, they charge £80 for the sedative and then there is the £50 to the BVA, so £130 in total, very reasonable I would say.

Henry is booked in for 27th January in the morning so I shall be biting my nails until then..I've already ok'd it with Clive that we can do it on the credit card

Henry is microchipped but I was suprised when the nurse said they now needed to be microchipped before they can be scored...that must be a new thing
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Just got off the phone to the Lincolnshire vet, they charge £80 for the sedative and then there is the £50 to the BVA, so £130 in total, very reasonable I would say.

Henry is booked in for 27th January in the morning so I shall be biting my nails until then..I've already ok'd it with Clive that we can do it on the credit card

Henry is microchipped but I was suprised when the nurse said they now needed to be microchipped before they can be scored...that must be a new thing
Wow, £130 - bargain!

I think it was the same when I got Isla's hips done, she had to be microchipped and I'm pretty sure the same goes for when she has her eyes tested every year too?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:30 PM
If you go on to the BVA/KC website it will inform you the prices they charge to SCORE hips/elbows.

What the VET charges you for sedating/putting your dog under and x raying will vary wildly IME from one part of the country to the next.

It has been a requirement since January 2010 that all dogs submitted for x raying must be identified by either tattoo or microchip.

the reason for this is of course up until then you could put ANY dog under and pretend it was another one!

It has only taken the KC several decades to catch up with the rest of the world!

It is obviously cheaper to have elbows and hips done together.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
If you go on to the BVA/KC website it will inform you the prices they charge to SCORE hips/elbows.

What the VET charges you for sedating/putting your dog under and x raying will vary wildly IME from one part of the country to the next.

It has been a requirement since January 2010 that all dogs submitted for x raying must be identified by either tattoo or microchip.

the reason for this is of course up until then you could put ANY dog under and pretend it was another one!

It has only taken the KC several decades to catch up with the rest of the world!

It is obviously cheaper to have elbows and hips done together.
Thanks for the info On reflection, it was about 5 years ago that I had a dog scored so things have changed a lot
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Wow - that includes the X-ray plate as well?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >