View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm so glad you were able to help this poor cat ~ it must have been in dreadful pain & so depressed at being left in this condition. Well done for reporting your customer ~ I only hope the RSPCA can teach this person how to care properly for the cat.

As a feline behaviorist I've always taught clients the importance of grooming, especially as cats get older & aren't able to cope so well themselves. They get stiff joints, arthritis etc & it makes body care so much harder for them. But so often I see long-haired cats that are so petrified of being groomed that as soon as they see the owner with a brush in their hand, the cat legs it, not to be seen for several hours! If only owners would introduce gentle grooming at a young age & make it an enjoyable experience instead of the fur tugging & pain inflicted on the cat if they wait until it is very matted. Sometimes this means that the cat has to be sedated every few months for the vet to shave & detangle it. The medication alone carries its own risks, especially in elderly cats. I always ask vets to refer clients to me if they are in this position so I can teach owners how to introduce groom effectively & gently, rather than have the poor cat sedated when it gets too bad.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Poor cat..... why are some people so neglectful? Humans never cease to disappoint me....

Well done for reporting her, Gill x
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Well done for helping this poor cat, they don't have a voice so rely on people like you helping. Hope the owner takes on board the RSPCA advice
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I would have done exactly the same and the poor cat's age has no bearing on that - our cats are 13 and they are clean, well groomed etc. There is no excuse for a cat being covered in faeces like that and if you get repercussions then contact the Police after all you did the right thing. What did the owner expect taking the cat to you and expecting you to ignore the poor cat's condition? Silly woman. Thank God for people who do report these cruel idiots.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Poor cat. I've had two longhaired cats and they are a nightmare, wish people would realise that before having them.
Stella a persian was always haviing to be shaved off I took her on as an old cat and we had her 5 years before she passed over

Monty was easier as I had him from a kitten but he needed grooming twice a day

Well done to you for caring xxxxxxxxxxx
Oh but they look so pretty and they self groom, right?

Well done for reporting Gill. I mean the woman is bonkers, she brings her in for grooming and yet lets her get to this state!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2010, 04:26 PM
well done for reporting... my own cats are 17 and 18, and still look great! 12 is still pretty young for a cat in my opinion... so saying "she's 12" is no excuse at all... poor cat!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 05:42 PM
You are so lucky to have"connections"to get a visit organised. I have reported two different homes for offences covered by the 2006 Animal Welfare Act. I know neither have been visited & at least one animal has died from the offence which I made the report for
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Well done for reporting them, I hope that something happens and the cats welfare is improved.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3