Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Just an other take on "deer antler" have you checked how they were sourced.

How many of you agree with deer hunting, and do you know if the antler was taken off a deer that was stalked??
Stagbar chews are sourced from 100% British wild deer – no imports. They come from a mixture of naturally shed antler from wild deer, and from wild deer shot for venison from several regions in the UK
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Good, now I AM happy!!!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Glad Georgie and Zena are happy and you too H54, knew they were sourced ethically after speaking to Puredog, just wish ours would hurry up n arrive(even though don't think i'll be tasting this one )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:35 PM
....... both my dogs have gone to bed worn out!!!! That's a first!!! Oh I love these antlers!! I just hope they're as interested in them when they wake up again lol!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Glad Georgie and Zena are happy and you too H54, knew they were sourced ethically after speaking to Puredog, just wish ours would hurry up n arrive(even though don't think i'll be tasting this one )
Sorry, did not make myself clear, I know they will be sourced ethically, even those that have come from "culling" will have been sourced ethically.

My question, was aimed really to anyone who is against hunting and culling of deer,(be it for meat or conservation) how do you feel about feeding antler to your dogs if you dont approve of the act in getting them.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry, did not make myself clear, I know they will be sourced ethically, even those that have come from "culling" will have been sourced ethically.

My question, was aimed really to anyone who is against hunting and culling of deer,(be it for meat or conservation) how do you feel about feeding antler to your dogs if you dont approve of the act in getting them.
I have no problem with hunting if the species are classed as pests or managed for sustainability and any culled used for food, clothing, or any beneficial use n not just wasted. All life is precious and should be treated with respect not just killed for killings sake n thrown away(if that makes any sense, sorry not very good at explaining sometimes )
Seems as though the antlers have caused some excitement n pleasure from those that didn't know about them after posting my recent thread, so if no harm done, is good thing in that respect(i hope)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I have no problem with hunting if the species are classed as pests or managed for sustainability and any culled used for food, clothing, or any beneficial use n not just wasted. All life is precious and should be treated with respect not just killed for killings sake n thrown away(if that makes any sense, sorry not very good at explaining sometimes )
Seems as though the antlers have caused some excitement n pleasure from those that didn't know about them after posting my recent thread, so if no harm done, is good thing in that respect(i hope)
I agree
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I agree too. When we have venison on supermarket shelves, the anters to me are making sure we use the whole animal!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I really like the sound of these, but they seem very expensive. Does anyone know anywhere cheaper to get antler from?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Try Amazon, they could be cheaper I saw it come up on Google. Personally, if they last as long as they say they do (one whole month) I can't see £6.99 being expensive for one dog????! When I think of a box of fish sticks and how quickly I go through those at £21 a box!
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »