Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Looking back, was a bit off topic really. Just when reading through the thread, somebody had said that a bitch should only be bred if shown/worked, so was putting my point of view regard that. SorryI be quiet now and try to stay OT...........ooops
That would be me.. and yes I stand by that.. if everyone bred unregistered pets just to have puppies then the dog world would be in more trouble than it already is!
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi all
Thank you all for ur opinions plz keep them comeing its grait to hear from you all and to see you all feel so strongly about it for the welfer (<-iv prob spelt it rong lol sorry) of the dog its grait to have so many pp that cair.
KEEP UR OPINIONS COMEING cheers all
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I cant see any benifit to the bitch, only risk

so a NO NO NO for me.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
That would be me.. and yes I stand by that.. if everyone bred unregistered pets just to have puppies then the dog world would be in more trouble than it already is!

Nobody mentioned unregistered (not that KC registration makes a dog perfect). A dog can be KC registered, healthy, to breed standard, fab temperament and not be a show dog by the owners choice and produce beautiful puppies, that are perfect in every way, as I have shown in my own thread a few weeks back (my Krystal's pups).

Anyway Louise, I don't want to go down the breeding route with you again but, out of courtesy I have replied to your post
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I`d be interested to know why these people have this idea that it benefits the bitch. I bet they`re the same ones who think a male dog shouldn`t be neutered.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d be interested to know why these people have this idea that it benefits the bitch. I bet they`re the same ones who think a male dog shouldn`t be neutered.
I think it's just an old wives tale........I remember hearing people say it when I was a kid (and that was a while ago, I can tell you)
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't castrate my dogs unless there was a health problem & I only did that once. Unlike bitches, who if spayed timeously & not at the whim of the current age popular with vets, actually benefit to a certain degree.

I certainly do not think every bitch should be bred from-if I did I wouldn't have had all the health tests done that I have & would simply have bred from Rjj & Jessie because it was good for her ! Instead I've spent over £1,000 & haven't finished yet & will have to buy another bitch if I am to continue the bloodlines behind my dogs.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 03:27 PM
(sigh) I should have course have said...
I bet they`re the ones who think dogs shouldn`t be neutered because they should have a good sex life. Or that they `need` to do it at least once before being deplummed.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I've heard this numerous times, but have never read any data to support it (and I've done a fair bit of trawling through papers). I wonder what these nonspecific 'health benefits' are supposed to be? Very odd.
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-02-2009, 03:43 PM
(sigh) I should have course have said...
I bet they`re the ones who think dogs shouldn`t be neutered because they should have a good sex life. Or that they `need` to do it at least once before being deplummed.
Hi claireanddaisy
look i dont no what ur prob is but with respect neutering has nothing to do what so ever with this thead i started this thead to ask every one what there opinions where on a bitch haveing at least one litter of pups. i and from what i can see no one in this thread has sead that neutering shouldent be dun so plz leave it out of this thread. Thank you
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »