View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Moyra - I am glad you managed to go to the lunch yesterday although it was a shame you had no appetite so you could enjoy the food - but good that you enjoyed the company. Hopefully by Thursday you will be feeling tons better. (((hugs)))

Lynn - you made me laugh about Red Adair enjoying all the Christmas dancing with Jenny. It brought back memories of me disco dancing in my chair at a wedding a few years ago - dancing until 3am at that!

[and yes, I have the photos to prove it - well, the dancing if not the time it finished!]
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Afternoon all

Lol Jenny and Lynn what are you coniving there with Dillon and me If I had Dillon down here, my house and garden would be wrecked in no time with those 2 clowns careering about I wouldn't rule it out though, ever Which reminds me Jenny, whenever you talk about those boys charging around playing together, it always makes me sad for Zena who has nobody to play with except me, and I can't run around like she'd want me to. This is what I've always done in the past, got a 2nd dog when these feelings get to me, but sadly, there's no chance of that now for Zena, she's got to make do with me and her long walks.

Moyra so glad you had a lovely time yesterday and it was Eileen who was saying about her mum going to the opticians and getting some serious test done which would incapacitate her, enough for her to have to go home to bed, I couldn't believe a high street optician would be allowed to do that, so I thought it must be just that glaucoma test where they puff something into your eyes? Hopefully, she'll see your info there.

Hi Lynne, oh now, you don't want to be doing with any of that queueing - can't believe Tesco's like that already I sailed into Asda's this morning, it was even empty inside and that was about 9.30 to 10. Maybe they all came in after a lie in.

Hi Gerry, oh those adorable basenji puppies of yours Never seen these as pups before, what a delightful pic and a very happy 8th birthday to them all wherever they are now

Hi Mandy, that's a stroke of luck getting out of that exam, and enjoy your walk with Rosie.

Hi Jen, it could be worse, it could be raining like it is here. I did notice how dark it was this morning on my walk, I almost needed a torch when I set off at 7.30 it was so dark. Enjoy your day.

Hi Malka, Hope all that mud is slowly disappearing for you and you can stay warm in bed now.

Can't remember anymore cos the postman interrupted my post, then the dustman, and I wanted to nip down and give them a christmas drink cos they're so good to me with my heavy bins and will lug them back up for me if I ask.

Went to Asda first thing just after 9 and couldn't believe how empty it was in there, I almost had the whole place to myself I got lots of goodies from the bakery department for the guys up at the park, small sausage rolls/pasties etc, and then some mince pies which I brought home and shoved in the oven cos they're so much nicer hot. Took them up, the girls in the office were over the moon and said the guys had just finished their morning break but they'd keep them all safe for lunchtime.

Came home and cleaned the whole house cos I didn't clean yesterday after Dave left all the mess from the week-end, so now it's just how we like it and it should stay this way until Dave starts all over again on Friday.

Very wet, dark and miserable in my neck of the woods, but it'll soon be mid winter's day which will mean the days will start getting longer. I'm sure we'll have some snow after Christmas, hopefully, might even get it over christmas which would be good, mind you, I need to get to the restaurant on christmas day don't I.

Catch you all later, off for lunch.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Helena I have sent special delivery a present for you ....... my two dogs .... all yours You'll soon realise how much easier it is with just one. Yes they play non-stop but its not so easy with my two as one is so reactionary If I had two 'normal' dogs it would be a doddle though ... well almost Zena has a great life and has the most wonderful walks where she sometimes meets other dogs to play with and what is more she has company all the time
I still haven't started the one thing I was planning on doing today .... wrapping presents I've just been faffing around doing nothing really.
Moyra good news that you are feeling better and that cough will go but expect to have it for a while. Another luncheon on Thursday and hopefully you'll appreciate the food more then
Afternoon Malka hopefully you've warmed up now.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Morning all.... Happy Happy Tuesday... ho ho ho!! I am feeling in quite the festive mood!!

Well working again today, I am loving this new job, but alas I don't get much time to be on Dogsey BOO!!!! we took the girls to the beach at the weekend and they did lots of running and playing, does the heart good to see them have so much fun!! Tilly even went swimming and it must have been FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!

Walking with my friend today, then I shall have to say goodbye to her, and it might even be forever, her and her family are moving to Missouri on Saturday, and taking Vanilla, who is Daisy's oldest friend.. SO sad!!!! I will miss her a lot and our weekly walks

Apart from that, not much else exciting, another friend took me to Costco last night as we aren't members, and so I was able to stock up on REAL English cheddar cheese for Christmas, Hooooooge blocks for $12 which is cheep as chips over here for good cheese!!!

And that is the most exciting thing I have to report!! x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I am sure I have posted puppy pics before H! Three of the B's are still here, the fourth, Arrow, lives with my daughter.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Dry and cold here today, have only just this minute sat down.
I came back from the bone run already to do my bit of sawing, to absolute devastation, it has taken me from 2.30 till now to clean up. Mabs had got the babies in the utility, then she had sicked up for them, all over everything I had used for the barricade, plus the sheet she was lying on.
I really didn't know where to start in there first it was so dreadful. I cleared all the sick covered stuff outside, and had to stack it where the others wouldn't get it, then had to mop and sweep up till you could see the floor, because mixed up in all of this was a full bag of newspapers from one of the neighbours..... I have filled bin liner full of that, how a carrier bag of newspapers has expanded to fill a bin liner I will never know, but there you are.
Then outside to hose everything down, I have manufactured another barricade somehow, but whether that will last I don't know. Babies have all had a small bone whilst I did all this and are now asleep, they will have fed from Mabs and her 'offering' and then the bones, they have played as well, all zonked out, so at least they're out of the way. Mabs is now bedded down on a clean sheet with fresh water, but she doesn't deserve it with the mess.
Had Mabs outside with the others this morning when I was cleaning the yard and things are thawing somewhat, I was in the big puppy palace putting fresh shavings down in the sleeping part and she came in there, then ran off again, but it is progress, she still won't go out if I call her out, but on her own voilition she will and she is outside and associating with everyone a bit more than she was. Her and Lona (her mum) were sniffing and wagging tails this morning. Keshi absolutely desperate to get to the babies though. All this hassle and mess because I can't get an extension line into the new place, I desperately wanted to avoid it all, because I knew that round about this time things would get out of hand, and here I am today, crying as I'm clearing up.
Tomorrow will be a sawing day. I have no milk, there was loads of stuff I needed to do this afternoon because I thought the sawing wouldn't take long, got to go out for milk, but scared of what I'm going to come back to.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 05:03 PM
June Just reading about all that has reminded me of all I went through here over the past 18 months with all the mess of the builders (and that includes Dave) I take my hat off to you, because, there's no way in this world at this age I could be doing with all of that,it's such hard work, I don't know how you keep sane let alone happy Last time it was that sickness bug thing they all had with all that mess, and now this, just because you can't get them into that puppy palace. I do hope by now, you've devised something good enough to get some electric in there and get them out of your way. A total nightmare, but then it has its good side of course, but not for me thanks, you must be made of iron.

Jenny, Anytime, just pack their bags and send them down Some of my two's were a complete doddle and others not, especially when I had Georgieboy with his skin problems, and Sasha with her dog aggression problems, and I remember what a joy it was when I was once left with just Cassie on her own, so thanks for reminding me of the pitfalls Jenny cos if I did take the rescue route, sure enough there's be some baggage which would upset the apple cart here, so maybe it's not meant to be. I was going to work on Dave, but now I've thought twice Thanks for the lovely Christmas card which arrived lunchtime, at least I have something christmassy now apart from the ponsetta's, but that's still as far as it's going.

Gerry, I must have missed them in the past because I know I've never seen such beautiful puppies

Hi Debbie, oh that's sad about losing that good friend of yours, but maybe she'll have a reason to come back and visit now and then. Lovely to hear you had a great time down at the beach over the week-end when Tilly went swimming! I can't keep Zena out of the sea either in the depths of winter, she'll just lay down in the freezing cold water nosing her ball around, you'd think they'd get hypothermia wouldn't you I can see you're in the ho ho ho mood today, don't take it too far (opening any christmas spirits) until all that work is done

Going to wrap the last few presents up. I bought the little boy up at the van a fire engine cos everytime I go up there, he always has all his cars on the table, so I know he'll like this flashing fire engine. It says on the back 3plus years, and he's only 2, but surely he knows not to eat the ladder off the top I will ask *mum* before I give it to him on Saturday.

Zena's zonked out after a big bowl of mince. She only had a small handful of kibble for breakfast and a salmon mousse, then another small handful for lunch, no wonder she was starving. Now she's happily sleeping after a full belly bless her heart, which means I can get ON with something, so better make the most of this.

Got an e-mail from a friend who moved ooop north when we moved here, they've just about finished all their work, but now her husband is ill, which is hardly surprising when he's nearly 70 with a heart condition and has been doing most of the work. They have loadsa money you would have thought he'd have got the builders in silly man. I'm going to send her a reply before I get stuck in with the christmas paper.

Catch you all later then.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 05:12 PM
It says on the back 3plus years, and he's only 2, but surely he knows not to eat the ladder off the top I will ask *mum* before I give it to him on Saturday.

This is why I LOVE reading your updates H... are you sure you aren't my friend Sue??? I laughed so loudly when I read this!! Thanks for cheering me up, off to walk with my friend now and I am feeling very emotional
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi
I made the mistake of opening the Ferrero Rocher and now I can't stop!! need to catch up on today's goss
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I do hope by now, you've devised something good enough to get some electric in there and get them out of your way.
Hi June, I echo what Helena has said.

I think I read somewhere about how you might have to cut a corner of the door, did you manage to do that ? Not sure exactly what the problem is as I haven't been able to read everything these last few weeks.

If you have time PM me and I'll see if I can think of something, or has the moment passed and you'll soldier on with what you have ?

I don't like to think of it upsetting you.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »